'Like' button vanished.

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

Try 'er again after CTRL+F5 to clear your cache.  If that doesn't work, reboot your machine too :)  C'mon, get on with it! :whip:

Screw it! I'll just continue using Chrome. The last time I cleared the cashe, I must have did it wrong and now a lots of the sites I visit don't remember me, even when I log in. Some I have to log in every time I visit. BM isn't too bad, but I still probably have to do it a couple time a week, even though I'm here every day, sometimes twice a day.

Chris

• Like 1

How come  Badder has like buttons … How bad have we got to be to be able to like , laugh , get confused ,sad and say thank you ?

Edited by bzn20

2 hours ago, bzn20 said:

How come  Badder has like buttons … How bad have we got to be to be able to like , laugh , get confused ,sad and say thank you ?

No, no, no! You have to be gooderer!

2 hours ago, bootneck said:

Badder, or badderer, obviously!  :giggle:

That's roughly how my nickname came about, 45  or so years ago.

@Mike

Tried clearing cache, still no  joy. Sorry it took so long to run a test, but I was asleep after a hard day at work, bailing plastic trays for recycling. Luckily the bailer was right in front of me and not waaaaay over there>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Rearguards,

Badder

• Haha 3

AAAARRRGGGHHHH ! I just went in to the settings (Cog looking thing top right of the screen ) put BM on compatibility  ( which is a word that's not compatible (or that one either) with my spelling ability BTW !) and I  got the reaction icons given out but not the list to pick from . I got rid of that word ability thing and I went back to 100 yards right of the room I'm sat in and back to square uno .

PS Is it okay to have bracketed passages inside passages all ready surrounded by brackets ? Mrs Giles back in 3G English class , Thamesmead School 1969 would have hit me with her board rubber by now.

• Haha 1

Done it ,left Lowestoft and gone in to the North Sea and liked 3 things I've not even  read because the comments are in Norwich ! Is that a result ?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, bzn20 said:

Done it ,left Lowestoft and gone in to the North Sea and liked 3 things I've not even  read because the comments are in Norwich ! Is that a result ?

Is that your way of telling me it didn't work? I'm confused. :hmmm:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'm confused

Don't be Confused be …………..Yes its still way off to the right ... with the Meercats dot com

Edited by bzn20

1 hour ago, bzn20 said:

PS Is it okay to have bracketed passages inside passages all ready surrounded by brackets ? Mrs Giles back in 3G English class , Thamesmead School 1969 would have hit me with her board rubber by now.

If you're quoting a quote (with brackets in it) you can bracket the whole quote.

So, if you were to quote the sentence above ('If you're quoting a quote (with brackets in it) you can bracket the whole quote') that would be correct.

I think.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Badder said:

that would be correct

Where's the board rubber icon when you need one !  I'm giving up quotes (Next (2020) Year for lent ) on principle. The principle being I don't know what you just said .

Just going right for sponsored walk  ,hang on, to laugh at you .

There you go , get your telescope out , you might see it ! I can see Holland from here .

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, BIG X said:

not looking promising is it

:bandit:  Nein ! 30 foot short of the trees !

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, BIG X said:

Thursday...  still not resolved... not looking promising is it...

Ah... confirmation! :) I can't get into my old IE to test it myself, so I've been waiting for some less confusing feedback (whilst doing other things obviously).

Can those that it still doesn't work for clear their caches and ensure that you've rebooted your device, just in case please?  Firstly though, please make sure you have the latest version of Internet Exploder, so we're at least all in the same chapter of the "let's fix this" book please?  I'll speak to ThemeMan in the meantime. :yes:

He's on it.  Like a lot of creatives, I think his normal machine is a Mac, so he's going to get it done when he's got a PC in front of him.  :)

I dumped my cache when this started , done it again ,rebooted . No reaction icon visible unless going to the extreme right and off the normal page view .

Sorry Mike - been there - done that - cleared caches and even a bit of the stash - also - re-booted on a couple of occasions too.

I really don't want to sound like a whinger - but - if it worked last week - why can't it work this week...

What happened?

9 minutes ago, BIG X said:

I really don't want to sound like a whinger - but - if it worked last week - why can't it work this week...

We updated the forum software, and IE didn't like the changes, as often happens with IE, which is now considered by many to be legacy software that is no longer supported by some websites.  Don't worry though, ThemeMan is on the case. :)

• Thanks 1

This hasn't been sorted has it @Mike

I've been looking for a broom emoji to say it looks like it has 'been swept under the carpet'

how many days now... over a week I think.... heaven knows what your support man is up to....

yours sincerely - unimpressed of Saddelworth

11 minutes ago, BIG X said:

This hasn't been sorted has it @Mike

I've been looking for a broom emoji to say it looks like it has 'been swept under the carpet'

how many days now... over a week I think.... heaven knows what your support man is up to....

yours sincerely - unimpressed of Saddelworth

It hasn't been swept under the carpet, and to be honest that's an unwarranted assertion with no basis in fact.  We're waiting for our Theme guy to come up with a solution, and until he does, our hands are tied.  We don't have any kind of magic wand however, and I'm truly sorry that this hasn't been resolved as quickly as you would obviously like.  You could stop using your out-of-date, dead-end (as far as development goes) and bugged out browser if you wanted to avoid having these problems that generally plague anyone trying to use IE with a modern website, but no.  You carry on getting shirty with me because you're being slightly inconvenienced.  If that sounds like I'm brassed off, I'm glad, because that's how your latest message has left me feeling.  With you, not the issue.

It'll be fixed, when we get the fix and not before.  Getting snotty with me will get you nowhere.  Fast.

• Like 2

Thanks Mike - it's good to know you are as passionate about this issue as me.  Unfortunately I'm stuck with my out dated software - I'm truly sorry if you feel I was 'having a go' - but I'm on a really old PC and swapping browsers could easily see me vanishing forever.

I can see I've offended you  - somewhat personally - so I'll 'button my lip'

Steve 

Just leave it with us Steve - we're struggling a bit because he doesn't usually use a PC, but for the last attempt he diverted his journey specifically to use a PC for us, so I don't doubt his intentions, just the fact that he's probably got a lot of other things to do that will delay him as well as not having ready access to an old browser that's specific to hardware he doesn't own.

You shouldn't have any problems using Firefox with an old PC.  My workshop machine is running a 3rd Gen i5 and has no problem at all.  It isn't even a memory hog (much), which Chrome is often accused of being.  The best aspect of using it is that they honour and follow the internet standards closely, and don't get left behind like IE, which has been dumped for Edge, which is in itself being dumped for a new version based on Chrome.  They don't seem able to stick with anything these days, and I wish Bill was still in charge to give them at least some direction.

Anyway - we don't mind being reminded, but please try to keep it friendly, and remember there are lots of other demands on our time, plus when there are third parties involved, we also have to wait for them. :shrug:

• Like 1