IT'S TIME...AMBUSH!!, GERMAN TANK DESTROYERS VOL2, STUG IV SDKFZ.167 1/35 ITALERI

FrancisGL

Hi Francis,

You've done a grand job on the old Stuggy!

Did you buy those leaves, or do you have your own paper-punches?

Either way, they look the business - and so much more realistic when you bend/fold them a bit!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Badder said:

Hi Francis,

You've done a grand job on the old Stuggy!

Did you buy those leaves, or do you have your own paper-punches?

Either way, they look the business - and so much more realistic when you bend/fold them a bit!

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi Badder, 

many thanks for your kind words and like, i'm glad you approve it.

the leaves that look like such, I have a small mold, which allows me to take out the ones I need, and when they bend it is because when I wet them and then dry up, I do not put anything on top, that's where the fold is.

I would love to make a base and something else, there is still time, although I do not know if it will be possible to do something nice ...

Cheers Badder 👍

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Fantastic work Francis 👍👍

Love all the fine details and great finishes. I look forward to the next update.

Cheers Greg

Many thanks for your like and kind words, next update can be either very little, or significant, I'll see ... (I'd like it to be significant ... lol)

Cheers Greg 👍

• Like 1

Hi Francis. Wow! That really is looking very impressive. I do like all the small details you have added and the weathering/leaves, etc. really do bring it to life. Great work! :clap2::thumbsup::clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Francis. Wow! That really is looking very impressive. I do like all the small details you have added and the weathering/leaves, etc. really do bring it to life. Great work! :clap2::thumbsup::clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Many thanks for yoir most kind comments, i'm glad you like it, the vehicle is 99% finished we could say ...

Cheers Stix 👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hewy said:

A beautifully turned out stug francis,  and as @PlaStix has said  a lot of really well detailed touches, a fine job

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it, I would have liked to include more equipment but at the moment I do not have anything appropriate ...

Cheers Hewy 👍

UPDATE 10_

Hi Pals, 

a small update, the antennas, which are metal (the masts), which I got yesterday, and the part of "umbrella", is scratch, fiber, joined with CA.
You could already say that the kit is finished, although I would like to add a base, and something else, I do not know if it will give me time, because it is also something new for me, anyway I will try ...:rage:

5hbS8bx.jpg

HTGBsVR.jpg

mfJ5W3j.jpg

gWyzZap.jpg

g16LZdV.jpg

7u2CpR2.jpg

MCEOioo.jpg

ZZaNeCF.jpg

uzB2lvz.jpg

Thanks for watch and comments as always,👍

Cheers mates :D

NyuWAWh.jpg

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 4

Hi Francis. That really is looking excellent! :thumbsup::thumbsup: And I hope you do decide to have a go at a base - I think it would really set it off well on some ground! 

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

although I would like to add a base, and something else, I do not know if it will give me time, because it is also something new for me, anyway I will try ...:rage:

Fantastic work with the aerials Francis. The scratched 'umbrella' antenna is particularly ace. They really do add character to your already 'characterful' StuG and it's not often you can say that about a few lengths of wire!

It will be fascinating to see what you come up with for a base/vigenette/diorama. Obviously, there'll have to be a fair few leaves laying about, and some sandy mud, but probably best to keep it fairly simple or you'll run out of time. 

May I suggest a bit of muddy track and an autumn hedgerow (mostly bare twigs with very few leaves - thus making the hedgerow relatively easy) And maybe have the StuG  in a gateway, or poking through the hedge, looking out over a field?   (which could just be a print of a field as a backdrop?)

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Francis. That really is looking excellent! :thumbsup::thumbsup: And I hope you do decide to have a go at a base - I think it would really set it off well on some ground! 

Kind regards,

Stix

Many thnks for your kind words, I would really like to "fit" it into some "decent" base, but even though I have ideas, I lack skill and time ... I'm doing tests ...

Cheers Stix 👍

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Badder said:

Fantastic work with the aerials Francis. The scratched 'umbrella' antenna is particularly ace. They really do add character to your already 'characterful' StuG and it's not often you can say that about a few lengths of wire!

It will be fascinating to see what you come up with for a base/vigenette/diorama. Obviously, there'll have to be a fair few leaves laying about, and some sandy mud, but probably best to keep it fairly simple or you'll run out of time. 

May I suggest a bit of muddy track and an autumn hedgerow (mostly bare twigs with very few leaves - thus making the hedgerow relatively easy) And maybe have the StuG  in a gateway, or poking through the hedge, looking out over a field?   (which could just be a print of a field as a backdrop?)

Rearguards,

Badder

Many thanks Badder, i'm glad you like it, 

I thought that the antennas were also "scratched", because the mast seems quite robust.

The set I got, also brought to make the umbrella, but it was so extremely delicate and fragile, that I really do not know how someone can finish it, besides that only with a fly to stop for a while, to bother, it would bend by its own weight, I do not exaggerate ... so I decided to do the rest for myself, measured a radius of the umbrella, and cut a few tailored, then CA, which cost time and skill (seemed easy ... lol ), so that it remains symmetrical and well fixed.

I did not think I'd make a base or anything else, but "you forced me":poke:, there are some models already by themselves, great, but they also have a base and ... figures ... damn ...:rage:

You're right, it will have to be simple, not only for the time that remains, but for my lack of experience.

I have enough materials that I have been accumulating over time, in case some day I dare to do something, so that will not be the problem. I would have liked to have something more oriented to that, but, there's no time ...

I take note of your suggestion, very appreciated, because in that field you are a "expert-handyman" :smartass:, and now (I already knew), I see how difficult it is to make a diorama or vignette, with so little time. I think that dioramas are ideal for teamwork, at least two people (if it is possible to reach understandings among the members, of course :cheers:), because it has so many facets to play ... because it only overwhelms me. ..

I hope to upload photos soon, with something concrete, because until now it is all so experimental and new, that I have had more failures than joys...:banghead:

At least I can call the vehicle complete when I want.

Cheers Badder 👍

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Hewy said:

Superb francis, all round top job, I also got drawn to the  umbrella aerial,excellent, the damage to the port side shurzen also caught my eye, very nice

Glynn 

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it, 

As they say around there, almost "right between the eyes (balkenkreuz)" ... lol

Cheers Hewy 👍

• Like 3

Absolutely beautiful work Francis. Thank you for sharing all the great photos and detail.

The accessories, binos, helmet, mp40 all very nice, antennas amazing, particularly like the shell hole in side armour. 

Overall just a fantastic piece.

All the best,

R.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ceithearn said:

Absolutely beautiful work Francis. Thank you for sharing all the great photos and detail.

The accessories, binos, helmet, mp40 all very nice, antennas amazing, particularly like the shell hole in side armour. 

Overall just a fantastic piece.

All the best,

R.

Hi Robert, 

Many thanks for your most kind words, i'm glad you like it.

It is a pleasure to share something with others as long as there is at least some feedback, because it helps to improve or learn something new, and encourages us to continue doing it.
The hole in the plate was something I wanted to do since I was a kid, because I saw it in a Stug III, and it stayed with me, the other one of course was better, I made another one someday.
I hope to have a vote this time ... lol :whistle:

Best Regards Robert, and and good weekend :cheers:

UPDATE 11:

Hi Pals, another mini-update, this time, 

it is something and weathering in the tracks to "integrate" in the field to "Stuggy-piggy", with pieces of grass stuck to them.

He has lost some pieces along the way (like the gun), but nothing has been broken, only detached ... phew ...:doh:

I hope to upload photos of the base soon ...

Cheers mates 👍

N3R066z.jpg

jKmPFEo.jpg

AnvyMjj.jpg

o2dwdyh.jpg

NOJOkdB.jpg

NyuWAWh.jpg

• Like 3

21 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Excellent work Francis 👍👍

Can wait to see it on a base.

Greg 🍺

Many thanks for your interest, I also want to see it in one, it would be the first ...

Cheers mate 👍

• Like 1

That really is looking stunning Francis. I hope you do get chance to do a base but I'm also looking forward to seeing it in the Gallery too! Great modelling! :clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PlaStix said:

That really is looking stunning Francis. I hope you do get chance to do a base but I'm also looking forward to seeing it in the Gallery too! Great modelling! :clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Many thanks Styx, here pics of the base, almost finished, i believe in Gallery in time.

Cheers Stix 👍