1/32 - Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation (CAC) CA-15 "Kangaroo" resin kit (?) by Woomera Models - in development

Homebee

1 hour ago, Rob G said:

As interesting as the aircraft is, I think 32nd is the wrong scale for this kit. 48th would be better by far. Still, best of luck to 'em!

Yes, I would consider it in 1/48 but not 1/32

• Like 2

There is already a very nice CA-15 in resin by Planet Models, so I can see the logic of not following suit.

But - please, please, PLEASE - it's NOT a "Kangaroo". The official designation was just "CA-15". "Kangaroo" was an unofficial moniker bestowed on in during its time at 1APU, Laverton, but never officially adopted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Rob G said:

As interesting as the aircraft is, I think 32nd is the wrong scale for this kit. 48th would be better by far. Still, best of luck to 'em!

& 1/72 would be best of the lot & in plastic, not resin. :):P 

Steve.

• Like 3

All kidding aside, I can echo the sentiments re doing this in 1/32, in resin it will be pretty spendy to be sure & I guess its a different market entirely from where I lurk, there is probably a place for both that being so & even one in 1/48 :unsure:. In 1/72 plastic I could imagine a Ca-15 being a practical proposition for HPM or perhaps even Kiwi Resins/Models with their new line of plastic kits, or if AZ can do a MB.5, well, whats the hold up then?:)

Steve. 

Hi Guys,

I lurk more than I post on Britmodeller, but thought I'd chime in on this one as I'm a bit surprised to see my handiwork in The Rumourmonger section!

I applied a bit of thought to the scale of this one and arrived at 1/32 for exactly the reason that Admiral Puff gave, there have already been kits of the CA-15 in 1/48 and 1/72, so I'd rather invest the effort into something that hasn't been done before. I don't build much in 1/32, but I have a P-51D built in that scale, and a 1/32 P-47 and Spitfire in the stash so I thought it would look good next to them! I also have to echo the statement about it being called a 'Kangaroo', which was never an official designation. The MB-5 was 'just' a MB-5, the same as the CA-15 was 'just' a CA-15.

As for when it will be ready, I'm not in a position to say yet, I'm just one guy with a full time job and a family doing this as a hobby, so it gets 're-prioritised' at times! I post updates on Aussie Modeller, but if people are interested I can post here too.

Cheers

Matt

• Like 4

• 6 years later...