Bf 109E 4 "Yellow" 1 9/JG 26...FINISHED

Quick update. This kit is like a snap together! The main components went together with an audible click and needed very little cement to stay stuck, There are little bits of filler here and there but hardly any. Nearly ready for the pale blue underside and fuselage paint. Going well so far...heres the pics

IMG_1759_zps00jugbgp.jpg

IMG_1760_zpsnjgfhplp.jpg

• Like 7

Excellent work Greg.

Like you say they really do snap together don't they.

Craig.

Hi Craig, and thanks for the comment. Some of the parts are quite a tight fit so watch out for that, but otherwise its all going well :thumbsup:

• Like 1

That is excellent progress Greg. Glad it goes together so well. :thumbsup:

Cheers Stix. Yes, its all been plain sailing so to speak....i'm looking out for the problem Steve had with the wing edge slats, but other than that very relaxing build. Regards Greg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update time, at last. Main painting done. Next is the tailplanes, rudder, and canopy. I've been using the P-Mask set, and its working well so far. Still a bit of touch up before i put on the decals, but hopefully that will not take me too long. Her's the pics....

IMG_2049_zpsxrpbbw2l.jpg

IMG_2050_zpslnejrn4n.jpg

• Like 6

Very nice work Greg.

Neat job on the paint, good work with the masking.

Well done.

Craig.

Thanks again Craig. I brush paint, and use tamiya tape to mask the edges. Mottle is a challenge hence the neat scheme used on my example. Cheers Greg

Crisp paintwork Greg, you're onto another winner here :)

Thanks Dan, you're too kind. I look forward to seeing your 109 progress :thumbsup:

Nice work on the painting Greg . The RLM colours look to be spot on from your pics.

Thank you. Paints on the splinter camo are Aeromaster, and the RLM 65 is Humbrol as is the yellow.

Looks great as your Hurricane ! Neat paint job !

Thanks Bernd. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Nice paint work, I think I need to do a bit more aircraft modelling. As these new 109's look really good.

Cheers Ozzy! Airfix kit builds in to a nice 109, well worth a punt, and on offer on the Airfix website under BoB section.... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Breif 109 update! Got some markings on, but this is on-going if you see what i mean! The decals are all attached by the same carrier film and each one needs to be cut out individually. After destroying 3 wing crosses i finally got one on and it stuck well with the micro set. The transfers are nice and thin but fragile, and its taking me ages to get these all on. Heres where i am so far, feel free to comment!

IMG_2093_zpspjru7w9v.jpg

IMG_2094_zpscsagkr5p.jpg

IMG_2095_zpspp6onyz4.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Gregor,

I've got some of the Almark transfers too - I think I might have the same set in 1/72 somewhere plus a couple of Stuka sets. It is a pain that they are all printed as one big transfer that you have to cut up, but the end result looks good, particularly in the last picture where you can see how it has settled into the panel lines - very nice...

It's coming together very nicely, not long now B)

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

Hi Gregor,

I've got some of the Almark transfers too - I think I might have the same set in 1/72 somewhere plus a couple of Stuka sets. It is a pain that they are all printed as one big transfer that you have to cut up, but the end result looks good, particularly in the last picture where you can see how it has settled into the panel lines - very nice...

It's coming together very nicely, not long now B)

Cheers,

Stew

Hi Stew, thanks for the kind comment, and encouragement. It was abit of a shock trying to seperate the two wing crosses from the backing paper as i'd done my usual and put them in to water together thinking they would separate seperately. Trying to cut wet transfers on the backing paper is messy! Cheers Greg

Great progress, Gregor ! Guess its quite hard to cut all the decals out, but as Stew said, they do look good.

They settled well in the panels, with a layer of varnish over them, they will look like painted on.

Good job, mate !

• Like 1