Karel Doorman The Last Cruise, Grumman S-2A Tracker and SH-34 Helicopter

1 hour ago, Martian Hale said:

Thanks, in spite of one of the worst puns ever!

Ah. A professional challenge!:lol:

Thankfully I'm not unhinged enough that I can't handle being put in the frame for that...

• Haha 2

This is getting serious. I thought we had managed to confine the dreadful jokes to the Roc thread but it now seems they have escaped and are running amuck! :frantic:

Concerned of Mars

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CJP said:

She's looking good Martian - looking forward to seeing the her & the Tracker in Dutch Navy colours which look smart

CJP

Thanks CJP. I don't think she is too far off being ready for paint. There certainly aren't many parts left on the sprues.

Martian

26 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

I don't think she is too far off being ready for paint

Filled with anticipaintion at this news Martian.:thumbsup2:

I left a spare pun for you over by Bill's Buccaneer as well.

You're welcome.:whistle:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

There certainly aren't many parts left on the sprues.

sorry for being pedantic but that is the runner system, or melt delivery system.  The sprue got cut off before the kit was put in the box

Nice work - the cables/wiring really add to the engine bay

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, hendie said:

sorry for being pedantic but that is the runner system, or melt delivery system.  The sprue got cut off before the kit was put in the box

Thanks Hendie, I am rather pleased with the way the wiring turned out and will be using the technique on all my future 1/48 builds. Not sure if I can push it as far as 1/72 scale but doubtless a certain alien of this parish will have a bash anyway!

I know what you mean but I refer to what everyone refers to as sprues. The bottom line is that the box is pretty much empty of kit parts, excepting a few that have to be added after painting and there are not many bits left to scratch build either. So a bit more to be done to bring the Roc to the stage where the interior can be painted and we will be ready for a paint session. It wouldn't take much to get the Starfighter to that stage either so a burst of activity on that front can be expected too.

Its approaching the time to start thinking about what helicopter will follow the SH-34 on the bench as I always like to have a helo build on the go. regardless of whatever else I am building. :hmmm:

Martian

• Like 4

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 20:37, Martian Hale said:

Thanks Hendie, I am rather pleased with the way the wiring turned out and will be using the technique on all my future 1/48 builds. Not sure if I can push it as far as 1/72 scale but doubtless a certain alien of this parish will have a bash anyway!

I know what you mean but I refer to what everyone refers to as sprues. The bottom line is that the box is pretty much empty of kit parts, excepting a few that have to be added after painting and there are not many bits left to scratch build either. So a bit more to be done to bring the Roc to the stage where the interior can be painted and we will be ready for a paint session. It wouldn't take much to get the Starfighter to that stage either so a burst of activity on that front can be expected too.

Its approaching the time to start thinking about what helicopter will follow the SH-34 on the bench as I always like to have a helo build on the go. regardless of whatever else I am building. :hmmm:

Martian

Hello O Dear tentacled one !

May I suggest this one

WP_20170902_10_04_07_Pro

Nightmare assured !

and plenty of scratchbuild to do !

Will not be finished for Telford !:whistle:

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 5

On 8/29/2017 at 7:37 PM, Martian Hale said:

Martian

Mikromir AMP have their new Sikorsky R-5/H-5 kit out, with a Dragonfly & Sycamore to come, all in 48th - if that doesn't tickle your tentacles or get your nibblypibblys wet under the thrussett I don't know what will!

Superb detail on the H-34, nice crisp work.

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

May I suggest this one

WP_20170902_10_04_07_Pro

Nightmare assured !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Now that FM Sikorski helicopter looks interesting Corsaircorp - I would be interested to see how it builds - I'm sure the Navy helicopter builders on BM would help - would look good with Korean War Sea Fury and Firefly -  I am starting a FM Alize and it is going to be a challenge

CJP

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CJP said:

Now that FM Sikorski helicopter looks interesting Corsaircorp - I would be interested to see how it builds - I'm sure the Navy helicopter builders on BM would help - would look good with Korean War Sea Fury and Firefly -  I am starting a FM Alize and it is going to be a challenge

CJP

How it build ??? Did'nt find anything positive except, it exist !

I started it but to me this kinda like an homeopathic modelling !

Just a little bit every month, but I'll finish her for sure !

I almost finished the ICM MiG 3 so ?

Mine is for Korea but U.S markings.

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2

On 8/29/2017 at 5:14 PM, hendie said:

You pedant away to your hearts content Hendie mate, we have to rid the universe of all these half understood and downright wrong mumblings about old tools and mould release etc etc.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

May I suggest this one

WP_20170902_10_04_07_Pro

Nightmare assured !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

the new AMP kit will be going in the stash directly I can lay my tentacles on one. I think it is a rather pretty looking helicopter and actually went so far as scratch building one in 1/48 scale back in 1992.

17 hours ago, 71chally said:

Mikromir AMP have their new Sikorsky R-5/H-5 kit out, with a Dragonfly & Sycamore to come, all in 48th - if that doesn't tickle your tentacles or get your nibblypibblys wet under the thrussett I don't know what will!

Superb detail on the H-34, nice crisp work.

My nibblypibblys are suitably moist at the news! 

17 hours ago, CJP said:

I am starting a FM Alize and it is going to be a challenge

CJP

And may the Lord have mercy on your soul! I too have this kit and it looks a right pain in the Martian rectum to build, in fact ou will probably end up scratch building most of the model.

15 hours ago, Scimitar said:

Given that you never ever make things easy for yourself (must be a Martian right of passage type thingy)...

f0u4tjkhcicdimns6gem.jpg

That one is easy to avoid as I don't like the scheme although I concede it is excellent camouflage.

14 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

How it build ??? Did'nt find anything positive except, it exist !

I started it but to me this kinda like an homeopathic modelling !

Just a little bit every month, but I'll finish her for sure !

I almost finished the ICM MiG 3 so ?

Mine is for Korea but U.S markings.

Sincerely.

CC

I think you have hit the nail right on the head. Its an Alize in 1/48 scale and that's about as good as it gets.

Martian

PS: I seem to have accidently ordered that new Sikorsky kit!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

BM is a great place to find out things - had not heard of this company's new Sikorsky R-5/H-5 kit

7 hours ago, Martian Hale said:
On ‎2‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 8:24 PM, CJP said:

I am starting a FM Alize and it is going to be a challenge

CJP

And may the Lord have mercy on your soul! I too have this kit and it looks a right pain in the Martian rectum to build, in fact ou will probably end up scratch building most of the model.

Thanks for your blessing Martian - you are not  understating things I fear - there are about five modules to fit into the fuselage and nothing to help locate them but it is a  limited run kit so we will see - lots of work there with plastic strip and fettling to make sense of it - could end up on shelf of doom - but as you said it is the only 1/48 Alize I know of

Edited by CJP
text
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Eww! I'm well off my breakfast at this revelation...

Serves you right for that awful pun!

7 hours ago, CJP said:

BM is a great place to find out things - had not heard of this company's new Sikorsky R-5/H-5 kit

Thanks for your blessing Martian - you are not  understating things I fear - there are about five modules to fit into the fuselage and nothing to help locate them but it is a  limited run kit so we will see - lots of work there with plastic strip and fettling to make sense of it - could end up on shelf of doom - but as you said it is the only 1/48 Alize I know of

My take on it, having studied the contents of the kit is that many of the parts, including some of the structural ones for the interior, exhibit such woolly and vague detail, that it will be easier to replace them than make a decent fist of them. One point of encouragement though is that I cut out the canopy and offered it up to the fuselage and the fit is pretty good, which is more than can be said for some FM kits. How do I know this?

Martian

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thanks Martian - had a think about it and being realistic I am using the kit parts maybe tarted up a bit otherwise I know the Alize wont get built - I'm not convinced about the canopy profile side on so am making a push mold to experiment with the shape - if that all works I might start a WIP

CJP

Edited by CJP
text
  • Like 1

A WIP would be most entertaining and educating. My Alize will get done and is in a strong position to follow the Tracker as a long term project. First of all though I will need to save up for the acres of Evergreen plastic I will need for the build.

Martian

• Like 2