• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I've started my build, but not my build thread. The problem is that I've yet to decide on the version or markings for this build.

So my question is... what are the external differences between the A-4A and A-4B? Was it just a lack of refuelling probe on the A-4A?

Ta in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

I've started my build, but not my build thread. The problem is that I've yet to decide on the version or markings for this build.

So my question is... what are the external differences between the A-4A and A-4B? Was it just a lack of refuelling probe on the A-4A?

Ta in advance.

I'm no expert but apart from the fuel probe I believe avionics and the nose shape? :search::)

I know l am a bit late but can l join in as well.

Robert

Welcome Robert not too late to start, haven't even got mine out of the box yet

Hi all!

Ta in advance.

A4D-1 (A-4A) = no refueling probe, "solid" skin rudder with yaw damper, vortex generator arrangement, 150-gallon drop tanks, small details. See http://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2013/03/a4d-4-skyhawk-collector.html for these topics.

• Like 1

if it behooves the mods, can I grovel and humbly request their indulgence to include these folorn characters in the GB?

IMG_4514_zps513d4351.jpg

While slightly more than 25% complete, they have been hanging over my workbench in stasis for nearly two years, and the GB would provide great incentive to complete them. Naturally I would expect they be excluded from voting if let in.

if it behooves the mods, can I grovel and humbly request their indulgence to include these folorn characters in the GB?

IMG_4514_zps513d4351.jpg

While slightly more than 25% complete, they have been hanging over my workbench in stasis for nearly two years, and the GB would provide great incentive to complete them. Naturally I would expect they be excluded from voting if let in.

Since we don't have a lot of builders in this GB, I have no problem with you entering these builds. Welcome to the GB

• 1 month later...

Thanks for hosting! :) It was a fun build for me and a good introduction to the new generation of Airfix kits. Sadly, I can't see me building many of them as I've limited space and Airfix seems to have ignored my usual 1/144 completely for quite a few years. (Apart from the awful re-pops they issued) 1/24 Tiffy? Hell, I could display a whole squadron in the same space! :lol:

Glad to have been able to build my C model - which is the point of all the GB's for me - encourages me to build. Well done all - some cracking models in there

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but not going to finish mine, have too many other things on my plate. Will be sticking to GB's at my own club from now on, too much hard work these days posting here, will however keep my builds posting in the completed models section.

Hi all,

Well done to everyone who took part, really great seeing all the scooters come together and there were some cracking builds. Really sorry, especially to the organisers, that I didn't get mine finished. Obviously I had good intentions, but as I build one plane per millenia, I was probably being a bit ambitious! My New Years resolution shall be to enter AND complete a model in a GB :)

Well done to all, Merry Xmas and Happy New Year,

Val