Brit Modeller's Very First Group Build.

Guest Cop

I'll play too, either a PR Meatbox, a PR Hunter, or a Harrier GR1, dunno yet....... Mmmmmmm Glossy camo, full colour roundels and hard edged demark lines..... Luvvit !

Ian

I'll play too, either a PR Meatbox, a PR Hunter, or a Harrier GR1, dunno yet....... Mmmmmmm Glossy camo, full colour roundels and hard edged demark lines..... Luvvit !

Ian

If you DO choose such a scheme, the nyou will be one of very few modellers who attempt this for some reason or other.

Am I alone in thinking we dont see many like that on the tables?

Good to see a few lastminute.com entries :D

Just remember, Michael....... I know where you live...... roughly ! :wicked:

Ian

If you DO choose such a scheme, the nyou will be one of very few modellers who attempt this for some reason or other.

Am I alone in thinking we dont see many like that on the tables?

Well there's my challenge, that's all I need !

Ian

Just remember, Michael....... I know where you live...... roughly ! :wicked:

Ian

Never fear Mike I'll lend you my spare baton. It's extendible you know Matron :analintruder: .

Put me down for a Red Arrows Gnat from the old Airfix 1/72nd scale kit.

Excellent... and if you have any trouble with knackered parts, I can furnish you with some spares... (don't ask) :)

Registering with 3 Matchbox Meteors.

Matchbox_MeteorTripleHeader_Boxes.jpg

1/ Started kits may be submitted, but the major components must not have been joined together or completed, i.e. fuselage halves or wings.

Sealed boxs - until I get into them!

2/ Any British Squadron or unit of this period may be modeled even if they were operating foreign aircraft types at this time.

No 2 AirNavigationSquadron RAF

3/ British aircraft in foreign service during this period may be modelled. For example, Harriers with the USMC or Lightnings in use with the RSAF.

N/A

4/ It must have flown, so experimental aircraft are eligible as long as they left the ground under their own power on at least one occasion, landing successfully back on their own undercarriage.

Retire from service 1966 - and had a Cat3 accident.

5/ Your kit can be out of the box or a full resin upgrade - the choice is yours.

Plastic is straight from the box - tape seat belt will be only addition.

Decals and paint scheme for WS774 - all 3 of them!

6/ The Admins decisions are final. No ifs, buts or maybes.

Already agreed with Cop

You may ask why I'm building 3 Meteors - and of the same plane. The intention is to build 3 copies of WS774 depicted at:

http://www.maltaaviationmuseum.com/meteornf14.asp

I work with Graham, son of John Holder - one of the 4 men who restored this aircraft.

When Graham realised I am keen on 'planes AND can build models, he arranged for me to build a model of WS774 for his father - and for me to visit the plane at Quedgeley :speak_cool: .

Matchbox_MeteorNF14WS774_1.jpg

This is the 2006 model of WS774 - and John is absolutely delighted with it!

Now he has asked if I can build 3 more copies for his colleagues.

Groupbuild deadline is a way of ensuring they get finished in a reasonable timescale.

Am I too late to register? I am finally back at the right part of the country and reunited with the modelling kit!! I also finally found the old Airfix B(I) 6 kit in the stash but fancy doing it as a B2 in the Med Sea Grey and Black of the earliest deliveries.

A question for the GB Mods,

Is it too late to join this Group Build? My entry (if permitted) would be a Revell 1/72 Hunter FR.10 from IV Sqn in 1969, with modifications of course. Sorry it's so late, and I certainly don't mean to upset the apple cart. I will happily accept the Mods'/Admin's decision.

with thanks in advance,

Andrew

Andrew, Roland - if you think you can get your beasties done in time for the deadline, you'll be most welcome to join in. Have at 'em chaps! :welcome:

I've decided to join the entourage for the first GB - I will be going with an unusual two tone orange Gloster Javelin FAW-2. XA778 was used as a chase and calibration a/c at Boscombe Down during the sixties. It was taken out of service in 1969 when it was replaced by the Red/White XH897 now at Duxford, The kit will be a cross bred Airfix FAW-9/9R and a Heller T-3 with a little 'xtra' help from Airwaves!

Hope this one makes it.

incidentally, XH897 is a future project for my expanding collection of 'Iron Triangles'

David

Edited by David Holman

I've decided to join the entourage for the first GB - <snip>

Good stuff - welcome to the forums & to the group build :D

:welcome:

• 1 month later...
Sign me up. :speak_cool: It would be an honor to participate in the first Britmodeler GB.

I'm planning on building a 1/72 Fujimi F-4K "Yellow Bird", it's a great little kit and I am looking forward to building it. :D

Cheers,

Mark

Sorry gang,

It is with much regret that I bow out of this GB. I'm am a very slow builder and spread to thin on my other projects. I got as far as painting the cockpit and thats about it.

But, I will be back and I look forward to participating in future builds. I have been following along with this GB and and find myself extremely impressed with the tremendous quality of work on display here.

Cheers,

Mark

Shame you couldn't finish for the deadline Mark - don't forget to post up pics though :)

As of tomorrow, we've got only 1 week left before the end of the GB... Best get modelling, all those that haven't finished yet ;)