F-4S Phantom 1/48 Hasegawa VF-161 Low-Viz

Well this is my first completed model on BM for quite a while,

I finished this one last weekend and have just got round to posting here,

it was build for a phantom GB on another forum :winkgrin:

I found the build pretty challenging as its the first time Ive used resin exhausts, seats and wheels!...,

combined with colour and non colour interior and exterior PE. Its also the first 'modern' fast jet

Ive ever done. Im sure the keen among you will find a few inaccuracies and I know I can see lots

of mistakes but its all about learning from them...right!!??

Anyway, Hope you like my work!

Kit manufacture: Hasegawa

Scale: 1/48

Type: F-4S Low Viz

Extras used: Parts from Eduard full interior and exterior set, Eduard brassin wheels and bang seats. Aires F-4S exhaust set

Paints and colours used: Vallejo model air and tamyia acrylics for main colours, humbrol enamels for details.

IMG_2479.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

IMG_2486.jpg

IMG_2487.jpg

IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_2489.jpg

IMG_2490.jpg

IMG_2491.jpg

IMG_2492.jpg

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2495.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2498.jpg

IMG_2499.jpg

IMG_2503.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

IMG_2507.jpg

TA TA FOR NOW!

IMG_2509.jpg

Looks very nice indeed, but I think there's something wrong about the intake antennae, you might have them reversed, ie what is on the left should be on the right and they don't slope but go on straight (sorry ) ! :analintruder:

Very nice indeed, the F-4 is my favourite jet. I think the main gear doors need swapping around as they are back to front. Easy mistake to make.

Very nice F-4 you got there.

How is the kit itself, did you encounter eny major problems? The F-4J/S is on my stash too and I am considering starting it up soon.

No major issues really, youve just got to pay attention to the instructions and your refs which I didnt

therefore there are a few mistakes, theres the intake issue which theres probably

many more qualified people than I to talk to you about, but other than those things,

I had no problems at all really. Resin burners make and wheels make a big difference though.

I would definately recommend them for an easy way to make the model look alot better :D

Glad u like it tho

Edited by krustydave