Tornado STGB

Sorry please omit me from this GB as I'll enter the Phantom GB ...No offence to Tornados but I've noticed I've got too many F4 kits to start and get rid of...in the nicest possible way of course. :rolleyes:

Regards

David

Another Naive question here....but how do i add the group build banners to my thread boxes?

Cheers

Dave

Right click the image you want & select "Open Image",copy the URL from the address bar.Then open 'My Controls,select 'Edit Signature' then click on the button you cleck to add an image,then past the URL in,click da button & bob's your uncle!

Welcome on board Gerard. Thanks for the info. However, I have pictures of EF-111 with serials beginning 66. Does this mean they were built in 1966?

Steve

The EF-111a were converted from F-111As between November 1981 and December 1985. IIRC the Fiscal Year (FY) code shows when the aircraft was ordered rather than when it was actually built.

The EF-111a were converted from F-111As between November 1981 and December 1985. IIRC the Fiscal Year (FY) code shows when the aircraft was ordered rather than when it was actually built.

So would I be better having the first two number representing the year that the project could have been ordered? (I.e. Early in the Tornado's career)

Steve

Edit:- To answer my own question, I have just checked Aeroguide No.24 Tornado IDS, which is where I found the drawings. It states that both the E-Jammer and the Wild Weasel Tornado were proposals being worked on in the late 80's and early 90's. So the first two numbers could be between 88 and 90something.

Steve

Edited by jacksdad64

Right click the image you want & select "Open Image",copy the URL from the address bar.Then open 'My Controls,select 'Edit Signature' then click on the button you cleck to add an image,then past the URL in,click da button & bob's your uncle!

Cheers Merv.

Ok chaps. Just over a week until the GB starts. Hopefully I'll have the threads up and running inthe next few days.

Personally, I am really looking forward to it as this will be my first go at a GB. What a start eh?

Once the thread board is up I'll PM you all to let you know.

Steve

Hi all, bought myself a Revell Tornado at the LMS the other day when I noticed a really nice decal scheme (eye of the tiger). THne I noticed this group build coming up and thought what a wonderful coincidence.

Therefore I'd love to join thsi group build if I may, will be building aforementioned 1/72 REvell kit with some aires stuff, and it will be both my first jet and my first time with resin.

:D

Ok chaps. Just over a week until the GB starts. Hopefully I'll have the threads up and running inthe next few days.

Personally, I am really looking forward to it as this will be my first go at a GB. What a start eh?

Once the thread board is up I'll PM you all to let you know.

Steve

Thanks, Steve. I'll finish my OOB GB entry first, and join in later (in about a month or so).

• 4 months later...

im in for sure , i love tornados. ive never done a group build yet. but im in on what if 2, vc-10, hunter, tornado, and i want to get in on mudmovers. but cant find it yet.

hope i dont take on too much but i likes a challenge

Sorry Rob, this ones been and gone.

ah right,. i must have not read the dates correctly, im still finding my way around this forum and i was half assleep last night when posting sorry. mish rob

• 2 months later...
Thanks Mish,

I am really looking forward to this one. I bit nervous about hosting, but I'm sure it will be fun and any mistakes I make will be given the correct treatment :mental:

Seriously though, given the Tornado's impending doom I think this is a well timed tribute.

Personally I will be doing something in 1/32 (late middle-aged eyesight :shithappens: ) I have a few in the pipe line such as

Gr.1 landing with everything open

Royal Saudi Air Force

GR.1 'Snoopy Airways'

GR.4 617Sqn w/Storm Shadows

Anyhoo, I hope there is a good response to this and we some nice Tonka's.

Steve

Hi there

This comes up in the future GBs section. is that right? if so, what are the dates? i have never done a GB before. What's the form?

Ta

Andrew