Couple of very tasty Hasegawa releases

Mentalguru

That's expensive!

I can't believe how much Hasegawa are charging for kits these days. It seems that some of their prices are almost double what they were a year ago.

I bought my Hasegawa GR.7 when it first came out I could swear it was only £18.99 they are having a laugh!

My route to doing an aircraft in this scheme would be to use the Revell kit I picked up in the Modelzone sale for £9.99 and buy the after market decal sheet.

ive just looked at hannants price for harrier £44.99 thehornet £71.99 no wonder FAA couldnt keep there harriers or buy hornet, thwy are unafodable in plastic for most , Hasegawa need to get real, i WONT be buying :shoot:

I was looking forward to that Harrier, but now you can add me to the list of people who won't be buying these at that price.

I remember picking up the Hasegawa GR7 when it first came out for £18.99, which was full price at the time, and thinking "this is pricey". Six years later and it is £44.99 - 118% more expensive than when it first came out and twice the price of Revell's boxing of the same kit that was released just two years ago. I seriously want to know how Hasegawa and their importers can justify jacking their prices up so much.

Edited by Bobski

I built a model of the FAA's ZD406 for the NSW last October for about £25.00 so I'm not coughing out £45.00 for a "limited" edition kit. :angrysoapbox.sml::mg:

And the reason for the 100% LERX was that the original Harrier GR9 for No.IV (AC) Squadron's 95th Anniversary was fitted with them.

And the reason for the 100% LERX was that the original Harrier GR9 for No.IV (AC) Squadron's 95th Anniversary was fitted with them.

Harrierpilot: I knew someone would be more clued up. Any chance you know the serial of that aircraft? I've only seen the scheme on ZD410 with 65% LERX, but then I probably don't get out enough into the daylight! A link to photo or photo would be nice.

Mike: Could you confirm the aircraft serials in the kit please as you have it for review - I'd like to update my kit list. Thanks

Got them both in for review this week, so watch this space :)

Me too!!! In fact the Hornet will be the next model that I'll be building for MIS - problem is I've just ordered a pile of Aires details from T'internet so it may take longer than I would have liked! :doh:

Spence - who's way too prone to making rash decisions...

That's expensive!

I can't believe how much Hasegawa are charging for kits these days. It seems that some of their prices are almost double what they were a year ago.

I bought my Hasegawa GR.7 when it first came out I could swear it was only £18.99 they are having a laugh!

My route to doing an aircraft in this scheme would be to use the Revell kit I picked up in the Modelzone sale for £9.99 and buy the after market decal sheet.

richard coranja? has a 48 scaled sheet free to print off the net for the harrier, infact i have it saved somwhere if you need it

Harrierpilot: I knew someone would be more clued up. Any chance you know the serial of that aircraft? I've only seen the scheme on ZD410 with 65% LERX, but then I probably don't get out enough into the daylight! A link to photo or photo would be nice.

Mike: Could you confirm the aircraft serials in the kit please as you have it for review - I'd like to update my kit list. Thanks

The Harrier GR9 was to have been ZG511/82 but she went onto No.1 (F) Squadron before markings was applied, Squadron Prints print of the 95th Anniversary shows the aircraft in all it's glory but ZD410 ended up being painted until it was Cat 3 damaged and sat in the NSW's hanger for a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very long time without the tail fitted.

I was hoping that the tail may have been modified for the Squadron's 100th in 2012 :confused:

Damn the "Beancounters" :shoot:

I'm quite happy with idea of the 10 quid Revell boxing with MA decals at £14. Why fork out double for what amounts to the same thing? No point moaning about it surely?