1/48 OV-10A Bronco loaded!

All the best with that one, looking forward to seeing the work in progress pics

O.k. as if I'm not enough of a masochist! My next project will be testors rendition of the bronco, loaded with resin and new decals!

Semper Fi

Dan

Dan, keep us updated! I have the exact same items (except those decals) awaiting my attention some day. Those are the Superscale decals, yes? I think they're all Stateside, post-Vietnam markings; AFAIK there are no currently available OV-10A decals for Vietnam aircraft. That's what I want to do, after buying Marshall Harrison's book A Lonely Kind Of War, excellent reading - though too few photographs.

Regards, Tony

Hi DAn.

So you thought you could hide on this site......AAHAAAHA!!! I found you.

A great project indeed. I really like this plane, I wish it would come in 1/35 scale ....Trumpeter are you listening by any chance.

If this comes out a great as your helo we are in for a great treat.

Oliver

I can recomend the Paragon set for the bronco

here is mine which i built a few years ago.

bronco.jpg

i know i built my model as a civilain, as used by the californian forestry deparment,

but i was so taken with the real thing when i saw one up close.

bronco5-1.jpg

Good luck with this build.

Get cracking Dan - I have the same plastic/resin combo in my stash waiting for my tender attention some day. Are you planning on doing any work to the gear bays while you build? I had the opportunity to do my own walk-around once, but didn't bother. Wish I had now :doh:

Amaizing fire spotter I have the 1/72 Academy OV10A lined up for the same project, probably next year for the proposed emergency service group build. Where the markings painted on or where they decals. Also does any one do US Forest Service Decals. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Some progress made. The pit and IP done. I love paragons detail for this kit. this kit wouldn't even be on my radar yet if it weren't for the paragon set! Thank Neil!!!

Semper fi

Dan

dsc18821242.jpg

dsc18811241.jpg

dsc18801240.jpg

Edited by marine4 ever

Amaizing fire spotter I have the 1/72 Academy OV10A lined up for the same project, probably next year for the proposed emergency service group build. Where the markings painted on or where they decals. Also does any one do US Forest Service Decals. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

the decals for my OV10 in the CDF colours were home made,

the forestry badge i took a photo of and made my own decals from it, all the rest were out of spares.

i saw at scalemodel world last year that Draw decals were doing this scheme i think in both 48th and 72nd.

Draw decals do some unusal subjects well worth looking at.

No picture update, but an update nonetheless. Spent most of the last few days adding small resin bits(exhaust baffles, tail stabs, and the like). Then I decided after staring at some reference photos that most of the rivet detail had to go, as the real deal didn't show that much detail. So, I started sanding, then decided I needed to rescribe panel lines :banghead:. Oh......did I mention I have already closed the fuselage halves! :fuyou_2: . So....that's where I am. I should have pic's soon.

Semper Fi

Dan

i know where your coming from with that rivet detail, been there!!!

even when you think you have got all the little buggers some will still be there.

keep going though cant wait to see where you have go too...

update for the last week. Scribing redone. and most of the resin has been added. I must say this resin set fits quite nicely with little fuss. still some small details to do and small resin bits to add. all in all not a very glamorous update.

semper Fi

Dan

dsc21483156671.jpg

dsc21513147976.jpg

dsc21503139911.jpg

Nice choice and good work so far............

I too have the same combo and might give it ago.............in the near future............

Tracking your progress...........

Best

Mr B

There's also a limited supply of them at HLJ here - I suspect that if you miss out on this lot, there'll be a long wait til they come around again.

Hi,

draw decal do these;

http://www.drawdecal.com/typesearch.htm

Julien

O.k.......so most of the tedious PE stuff is attached! using PE is the least funthing to do for me, but it's gonna really add to the end result. No I have to finish cleaning the exterior and finish the canopy(i decided to go with the kit canopy rather than use the vacuform canopy from paragon, i've never been good with vacuform canopies, always been user error). prime this pig! look for defects in the workmanship, there'll be plenty. clean that up, preshade. and go from there! here's some images for those that need pictures!

Semper Fi

Dan

all that resin makes it heavy

dsc2152q.jpg

photo etched details o the wings

dsc2153s.jpg

more etched detail

dsc2154o.jpg

yet more........

dsc2155y.jpg

dsc2156.jpg

Added a nose lightbthat was supposed to be there but was not

dsc2158i.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

O.k. I've been working on this but have had no updates so here's where I am to date....

I've primed and sanded. re-primed and pre-shaded. no she's ready for the booth. I've worked on some external loads for this pig. and should have it worked out in a day or two....any preferences?

semper Fi

Dan

dsc2164w.jpg

dsc2165.jpg

dsc2166s.jpg

dsc2167h.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

well this thing has sat on the back burner for a bit. Finally have an update! She has color and Markings finally applied. A coat of future has been laid down and I'll start the wash process. I'm pretty pleased with the job so far. And must say again that Neil over at Paragon has done a fantastic job with this upgrade kit. All in all there is more resin than plastic but it was well worth and needed!

Semper Fi

Dan

pict0002c.jpg

pict0003df.jpg

pict0004ry.jpg

pict0005d.jpg