Come not between the Nazgul and his prey............

Hi there, just finished this one that plays out as a scene from Lord Of The Rings, The Two Towers featuring the nasty Nazgul and his wraith rider...

This was more an exercise in getting used to new airbrush than anything as the 'model' itself is actually a rubber toy that was produced when the film was first released and it came in many pieces which you simply pushed together.The paintwork on this one was terrible, very crude, glossy and mostly scratched off with chips all over the place...also bits were missing, all in all in need of quite a bit of TLC.

The whole thing was broken back down to component parts and after priming the was washed and lightly sanded to give a key for top colours, mostly acrylics, (a mix of Life color, Vallejo , and Gunze), a lot of different tones were used to give the thing a bit of life. Once done the whole model was dry brushed, Promodeller washes added, green lichen, ( used for model railways) applied and misted patches of semi gloss varnish sprayed to give the creatures skin a bit of depth ..

The walled section is pretty much original except for some washes, dry brushing ,vegetation plus the stones and fallen masonry...

The little fella is an orc from a Games Workshop set I had many moons ago.

At a later date I intend to add a lot more figures battling it out to complete the diorama... :wicked:

This is a BIG model, the Nazgul has an 18 inch wingspan and it stands 13 inches high.

All in all a nice break from powered aircraft, (I suppose it could still be considered a self powered organic glider!!), a good stress reliever and a lot of fun.........

Hope you like it, :cheers:

Andy...

P1060286-1.jpg

P1060281-1.jpg

P1060280-1.jpg

P1060258-1.jpg

P1060251.jpg

P1060266.jpg

P1060264.jpg

P1060254-1.jpg

P1060256-1.jpg

P1060247-1.jpg

Edited by general melchett

Guest snipersmudge

now that is very nice indeed, I really like the various tones used and the pattern on the wings looks like a creature of the dark's wings should be! :speak_cool:

Nick, isn't it obvious :doh: ........................the Skybolts go under it's armpits and the Blue Steel fits snugly where the sun don't shine :analintruder: .................as for goggles....I think the later wraith chappies wore MK 4 bone domes with night vision and laser designation.......but I could be wrong!! ;)

Very nice work on a very different beast General Sir :worthy:

Nick, isn't it obvious :doh: ........................the Skybolts go under it's armpits and the Blue Steel fits snugly where the sun don't shine :analintruder: .................as for goggles....I think the later wraith chappies wore MK 4 bone domes with night vision and laser designation.......but I could be wrong!! ;)

wot about camo...SEA by any chance..................oh god the MP'S ARE BACK :chair::fight: of to the cells for a spot of re education.

Andy.

All the talk of ordnance has me confused.

I just start getting the hang of one acronym and they bring out another :doh:

So what does WRAITH mean and what does it do? and which hard point does it go on please?

Also is the Nazgul powered by a Goblin engine Andy?

Anyways love it :thumbsup:

linky on the way to my daughter (we had great fun this summer playing LOTR battlegames)

Nothing as spectacular as your dio, but we are gonna get some scenery finished. Hopefully before the end of the Age of Men :D

Walrus,'' tis the end of the age of man and all that palaver'..................it's all to do with some little fella whose had a bit of trouble with his ring and these blokes want it back so they can bung it into a crack of Doom!!.....as for Wraiths well they are Lords of carrion and pack quite a punch,( mostly in the ultra sonic range, plays merry Hell with your dentures!! :hypnotised: )!, regarding the ordnance, they fit are fitted mainly to the outboard pylons next to the Sky Shadow radar jamming pod and the BOZ-107 chuff dispenser, just behind it's port armpit!)

Good grief man ...you never read Tolstoy??? :jump_fire:

Keef, thanks, these kites were heavily weathered due to the harsh environment, volcanic eruptions, huge fireballs , seered earth and demonic possesion being what it is, you should see them in summer when they are in full plummage!!!...a joy to behold.. :analintruder:

Ah good , here comes Matron with the sedatives!! :bouncy:

Good grief man ...you never read Tolstoy???

I did many ages ago. In a time when men were men and women were feminists.

It's all Double Elvish to me! I thought all that ring in the crack of doom stuff ended the Third Age, and the Age of Men was about to commence- hence the elves buggering off to America. :shrug: If i am wrong it at least proves i ain't a nerd. Idiot yes, but not a :nerd:

No , no I think you are quite correct, I'm an age out..............................this of course being before the collapse of the Soviet Union but after the nationalisation of British Airways.......

In a time when men were men and women were feminists.

Were men ever really men?..................or were we led to believe that by the feminists?? :hmmm:

Whatever did happen to those Elves who journeyed far to the good old U S of A....??

Oh yes , I know, :whistle:

barack_obama_279335.jpg

Dammit chaps! does nobody believe that Hobbits are real? Orcs are rampaging across the garden as I type this, we have Wraiths flying over here every day, if they poo on your car it's a bugger to shift.

Thats funny why has matron just stuck a needle innn mmmmyyyy aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrm. :bouncy:

T-Tango...

Orcs are rampaging across the garden as I type this

I have the number of a good pest control company who deal with infestations like the one you mention, it's all done very humanely using the old' flame of Udun' and 'shards of Narsil' technique.......doesn't harm the grass at all!!

we have Wraiths flying over here every day, if they poo on your car it's a bugger to shift.

For removing Nazgul guano try Hazmat, ( family pack)........... The gas in Nazgul guano is high in Nitrogen, ammonia ,and phosphates ,so is extremely volatile and flammable, always wear a mask and don't get any on you or else you'll turn into one of the Dark Undead.....nasty :hypnotised:

If you think that's bad , try shifting Balrog droppings ....!!

T-Tango...

If you think that's bad , try shifting Balrog droppings ....!!

I've heard that "Badger Airbrush Cleaner" is good for that applied on the tail of an Olliphant then wiped over with the hair of an Orc.

Oh Lord! here comes matron again.

He may be house trained but what's he like with children ?,you know they tend to have a nasty temper :badmood: ..................................one minute cute as a puppy, the next pffft , :boom: converting the entire neighbourhood into its native component parts, fireballs and ash everywhere!!!,....................... :jump_fire:

I send my Ring Wraith out on Halloween Night.

Funny you should say that, ...I usually send the wife...generally has the same effect.. :analintruder:

Just added a few more pics to the first page..

Opened my door this morning to let the dog out and blow me if I wasn't confronted with this

P1060284-1.jpg

..................................He told me he wouldn't' devour me in my turn but bear me away to the houses of lamentation where my flesh shall be devoured, and my shrivelled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye." .!!.I told him that we'' didn't want any this morning thank you, you'll have more luck at number 5'' and closed the door on him.....