Hong Kong Models Co Ltd was with a team and a LIDAR scanner at The Royal Air Force Museum - Hendon

Homebee

2 hours ago, Scooby said:

They haven’t created a LIDAR system capable of scanning an aircraft the size of a small planet yet.

Wouldn't the ones used on drones for archeological digs work ? The NMUSAF already has flown drones in all of the halls the video’s are available on their website. I would think a drone could scan something that large when they can do 1x1 mile sites in the rain forests to find old cities ? Now of course why would be another question ? I know the existing kits are getting long in tooth but at the cost of modern kits whats your sales expectation ? The large planes like the B-36,47, 52, and B-1 are great. However are they cost effective to cover the cost’s associated with all the work for new molds involved ? 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

The correct term is dwarf planet; blame Neil deGrasse Tyson for that.

i was going to use that term.

I’ve been to Dayton many times, the wheels alone on the B-36 are massive.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Scooby said:

i was going to use that term.

I’ve been to Dayton many times, the wheels alone on the B-36 are massive.

The one time I went to Dayton was in conjunction with the 1997 Nationals in Columbus and they had an open cockpit night. I got to climb up into the B-36 and sit in the cockpit.

• Like 3

Haven’t been to Dayton yet, it’s on my bucket list. That tire from the XB-36 is enormous at 110” dia. and 36” wide, they soon found out the limitations and hence the bogey system, which by itself is enormous.
I remember the first release of the Monogram 1/72 B-36, I was happy to come across the old Revell 1/192 kit, but was over the moon elated when Monogram did the big kit. I remember picking my jaw up off the floor when I saw the ad in a magazine at the news stand. People were probably thinking that I was looking at a centrefold! 

Whatever HK decides on, I hope they do some homework and take things a little more seriously. They currently don’t have anything I would spend money on.

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 1

OK .........it's a 1/32 B36 .

Comes complete with it's own divorce lawyer,

Dick

• Haha 5

On 23/03/2024 at 09:57, Lord Riot said:

Or, is there a Swift at Hendon?

No.

Survivors

A preserved Swift FR.5 on static display at Newark Air Museum

VV106 (Supermarine Type 517) is stored by the Fleet Air Arm Museum, Yeovilton, England.

WK198 (the F.4 prototype, fuselage only) this former World Air Speed record holder is on display at Brooklands Museum, 

WK275 (F.4) Having spent four years being restored to exhibition standard by Jet Art Aviation, this aircraft is now on loan to the Vulcan To The Sky Trust. It represents the definitive fighter variant with slab tail.

WK277 (FR.5) on display at the Newark Air Museum, Newark, England.

WK281 (FR.5) on display at the Tangmere Military Aviation Museum, Tangmere, England.[

G-SWIF (F.7, the former XF114) is stored by Solent Sky, Southampton, England.

• Thanks 1