Le Mans Bentley Blower

Hi all.

First up from me will be my attempt to create the 'ultimate' 1/32 Le Mans Bentley Blower, by using the best bits from each of these two kits :winkgrin:.

P1130868.jpg

Generally speaking, the Pyro is the better of the two, but is let down badly by Pyro's decision to simply use the body parts from their Bentley Straight-Six kit, rather than create new ones for the Le Mans :nono:

So basically, I'll be using the Airfix bodywork/chassis and the Pyro bits for everything else.  I actually started this project a couple of years ago, but progress is well below 25%.

When I'm finished, I'll still be left with one complete, un-made kit, but unfortunately comprising all the worst bits!  I'll be open to offers :D.

Cheers

• Like 16

Lovely subject choice Cliff and a fine plan to create a worthwhile replica of the machine.

As for offers of what to do with the remains; barn find diorama - a few tarpaulins or dust sheets, loads of accumulated dirt and cobwebs and leaves, some other associated detritus on and around it...

• Like 2

I love that - building a great model from the best of two kits (see my entry 😉). This car reminds me of Ian Fleming's books where Bond drove a Bentley, not an Aston Martin with ejection seat - how ridiculous...!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Col. said:

a few tarpaulins or dust sheets, loads of accumulated dirt and cobwebs and leaves, some other associated detritus on and around it...

Oh, so you've seen my workbench Col?

22 minutes ago, Toryu said:

This car reminds me of Ian Fleming's books where Bond drove a Bentley, not an Aston Martin with ejection seat - how ridiculous...!

I quite agree!

Cheers

• Haha 2

I seem to remember that in my book on Airfix it describes how one of their people was driving along and saw one of these Bentleys - thinking it would make a good model he stopped and talked the owner into letting Airfix examine it for the design of the moulds. Don't know whether that is true of not.

Pete

• Like 3

9 hours ago, PeterB said:

I seem to remember that in my book on Airfix it describes how one of their people was driving along and saw one of these Bentleys - thinking it would make a good model he stopped and talked the owner into letting Airfix examine it for the design of the moulds. Don't know whether that is true of not.

Pete

Thanks Pete.  Now you mention it, I seem to recall that too...

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Absolutely nothing wrong but a Bentley is always welcome. 

Thanks Dennis 👍

3 hours ago, marvinneko said:

Reminds me of several of John Steed's cars in the Avengers. 

Thanks, I'd completely forgotten that.  I hadn't forgotten Emma Peel in her Elan though :winkgrin:.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, CliffB said:

I hadn't forgotten Emma Peel in her Elan though :winkgrin:.

That was a particularly memorable combination :wub:

• Haha 1

I knew I had one of these knocking around somewhere.... I hasten to add I didn't build this😝

... it was from a couple of job lots of made or part made kits I got cheap to maybe use at some point for modifying, parts or whatever. 

This glue bomb with wonky wheels etc has had the indignity of "racing numbers" cut out from paper and roughly stuck on, surely the kit had decals, or did it? 

Looks like the Airfix job was a very decent little kit originally though, and would've made a respectable model at the time, cast in "spoked" wheels notwithstanding ! 

spacer.png

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Pig of the Week said:

the indignity of "racing numbers" cut out from paper and roughly stuck on, surely the kit had decals, or did it?

My mid-70s re-issue still requires you to cut the numbers from the instruction sheet.  I'll have to find an alternative and luckily 1/32 appears to be a favourite of the slot-racing fraternity.  Hopefully I'll find some suitable aftermarket decals there.

Cheers

• Like 3