[Terminé] [HASEGAWA 1/48] F4U-5N COAN

-5n_co24.jpg

Like the French Aéronavale, the Comando de la Aviacion Naval Argentina (Argentine's FAA) was a late user of the Corsair, operating  25(?) F4U-5  in all versions (-5, -5N, -5NL & -5P) from 1955 to 1966.

Here's my interpretation of one of them, using Hasegawa's plastic, together with Aztec decals..

And for those among you that want to read a bit more about them..

-5n_co10.jpg
-5n_co11.jpg
-5n_co12.jpg
-5n_co14.jpg
-5n_co15.jpg
-5n_co13.jpg
-5n_co18.jpg
-5n_co16.jpg
-5n_co17.jpg
-5n_co19.jpg
-5n_co21.jpg
-5n_co20.jpg
-5n_co23.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Very nice, Antoine. I'm getting a sense of déjà vu as I'm working on a COAN F4U-5.

Cheers,

Wlad

• Like 1

So this is where you've got to. Building wingy things. And making a very good job of it. Nice work Antoine. The "bent winged bird" was always a favourite of mine.

John.

• Like 1

Great looking Corsair.  I looked at the link you provided and enjoyed learning a little bit about a conflict I never knew happened.  That was an added bonus to looking at this finely built and finished kit.  Thanks for sharing both.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iainpeden said:

@Antoine, lovely work which inspires me to get m Hasegawa kit our of the stash. I also like the stand - is it homemade or commercially available? 

Thanks a lot, guys, to all of you.

Iain, I'm sorry but I'd get it somewhere on the net like 15 years ago, a small eShop selling only that kind of thing.

Absolutely no chance to find it again.

I'll check if there's something written somewhere, you never know.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

So this is where you've got to. Building wingy things. And making a very good job of it. Nice work Antoine. The "bent winged bird" was always a favourite of mine.

John.

Hi John, nice to read from you!

Wingy things, indeed, I would even reduce it to Single Engine Piston Wingy things, as it seems that I'm not able to produce any twin engine, or jet fighter so far.

And I won't speak about any 1/35 armoured vehicle.... But  I'm still trying!

• Like 1