Jump to content

Antoine

Members
  • Content Count

    5,570
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1,615 Excellent

1 Follower

About Antoine

  • Rank
    Completely Obsessed Member
  • Birthday 05/18/1968

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    France

Recent Profile Visitors

8,671 profile views
  1. Hi, I'm not sure to understand your point, but there are a few bits proposed by L'arsenal in 1/72.
  2. Started today the first of two 500 pages volumes on French Vampire/Mistral! Well, see you in a year, or so!
  3. Thanks for those books Patrick. They're my first reference concerning the Spey Phantoms.
  4. And here's were I am today. Still have to correct the joint between the boom and the wing.
  5. Then comes the wings. You've to take care from here if you want the whole wings/stab assembly to look straight. I've worked one wing at a time, with sufficient time in between to let the glue dry completely. Both topside joints were nice, but I was left with a gap on the underside. Less than 1mm, but really obvious due to the very small size of th kit. Again, I corrected it with stretched sprue and extra thin glue.
  6. Hi there, First I wish you all a happy new year! This build was started around mid december, just for me to see if I could still tackle kits in 1/72 scale. Here we go! This is a nice little kit first released in 2014, but this repop is from 2018. The sprues looks fine and parts are nicely detailed. Wonder if this can still be called short run... No surprise, I've started with the pit, but didn't waisted too much time, as in the end there will be nearly nothing left to be seen. I'd painted it black (!
  7. Looks like it's finished.... But it is not! While fitting the hood and the wire, I've found a leftover blob of Future on the back end. Can't leave it like that, so I'm bound to remove everything, cause it'll be difficult to correct it in place. So, remove the hood, remove the headrest, and polish, mask, paint, etc.... See you in 2021!!!
  8. Most certainly my fault, canopy not clean enough, or else.... Hopefully, it won't be seen with naked eyes! You're certainly right, but you know how it is, us modellers consider that sort of things neat and straights as an achievement!
  9. Small problem with the hood... It was clean, before gluing the headrest! Don't really know what happened. I've tried everything to make it clean again, but but in vain... Then I've to start preparing the Dio... Well, pardon me, not this one, this one!
  10. Plop! Thanks a lot for all this stuff!
  11. Thanks a lot! In fact, the U/C doors are in one part, and you've to cut them to leave aside the bottom part. This is what I've done.
  12. Thanks! In fact, I think it's quite common, as when you're looking for an alternate operationnal scheme, I mean something else than German, there are not too many... A lot more if you include captured aircraft, but....
  13. Slowly getting there... Still a few things to do, but I should call it finished later today... or tomorrow!
  14. Thanks! I'm afraid I can't help much with that. I'm not even sure Neptun is still around. There was a video at the time, but I can't find it any more. Best I can do is this picture.
  15. In fact, I'm using a set from a brand called Neptun, that I'd get ten years ago while living in Taiwan. The set comes with three component, that is, a primer (red brown), a spread (DG) and an activator. You use them in this order, being careful to let each coat dry for at least a day, and then leave the activator works its magic for 24 to 48 hours.
×
×
  • Create New...