In a slight divergence from my usual fayre, I decided to get this out of the stash.  Liked Motörhead for a long time, and picked this up a few years ago after Lemmy departed. 

Overall, it’s quite a simple kit, with plenty of opportunity to go OTT with additional detailing.  I decided to build OOB (although I did add a can of coke to the centre console for no reason other than there was a bit of chrome spacer that was otherwise going to get thrown out).

First foray into a non-military build, so tried my best.  In hindsight I could have spent more time removing some seam lines, but the kit just wanted to be built.  Anyway. It’s finished (although I probably should give it a coat of varnish to protect the decals - any suggestions on what to use?).

53565204098_82473c3a1e_b.jpg

53565204108_11c06bac4d_b.jpg

53564159487_bbfe277941_b.jpg

Any comments welcome, as are suggestions on what to do to improve it for next time (if there is a next time.  Although I see they do an AC/DC version too 🤔).

• Like 22

My favourite gloss varnish for vehicles is either Mr Color GX100 or GX112, both are generally OK over decals, but do at least one light mist coat first to be sure. Both will also polish out very nicely - if you want to go that far!

Very tidy job on the truck, looks great!

Keith

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Missed it first time around, but this looks very nice. I'd second Halfords clear gloss - it polishes up nicely, doesn't eat decals and is robust (as you'd expect for something made for real cars). However, I'd be wary of adding it at this stage as you are likely to damage other parts so  it may be a case of living with the decals as they are now. Next model, if you clear coat before adding the other parts you'll be fine.

• Thanks 1

Not usually a fan of trucks, but this is something different :)

Great band, I saw them many years ago when I had long hair rather than now when I don't have any 🤣

I would probably mask and clear coat the trailer sides, but leave the cab well alone, as Spiny has said, you could cause more damage at this stage unfortunately

Ian :) 

• Thanks 1

Great build, I agree...

As to the varnish: I mostly just use Future floor wax, mostly applied with a brush, because I am a total idiot with an airbrush. But according to build reports, Future also works great with airbrushes. Depending on how thick, resp. how many layers you aplly, the finished shine will vary from semi matt to very shiny.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Very cool, to a Motorhead fan like me!

Always regretted not seeing them live before Lemmy passed on. 🙁

I still have my "No Sleep 'til Hammersmith" CD to play loudly though.  🤠