Number one.Hobbyboss Easy kit P51D.XXXXXFinishedXXXXXXXX.

stevej60

Yes folk's yet another easy kit for this GB,love 'em or hate 'em they can be made half decent.

20240229_210210 - Copy

Box scheme's are OK but Luke whose also taking part went AM for decals so he's also offered Passion Wagon or Shady lady so don't be suprised if

a second build turns up.By co-incidence just before Christmas I bought this OTAKI kit to see if I could get away with brush painting Vallejo Aluminium.

20231109_152727

• Like 14

9 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Not the most colourful of Mustang schemes Dennis but I'm leaning towards theat beautiful Eagle nose art.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon folk's starting with the cockpit this is what there is to work with,as with all easy kits there are the general parts but with these kits no side wall detail but

some decalling should make what can be seen acceptable.

20240309_160021

• Like 8

4 hours ago, stevej60 said:

should make what can be seen acceptable.

Definitely. And not that they can be seen, but those locating pins  are enormous! Should make for a strong bond! 🤣

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wings unlevel said:

Definitely. And not that they can be seen, but those locating pins  are enormous! Should make for a strong bond! 🤣

Yea these kits will go together without glue!

• Haha 1

Hi folk's,interior on both builds done once the fuselages were joined it looked adequate for what will be seen.the wings and fuselages are assembled and drying nicely

so boxed up till next weekend when I'll push on the builds.

20240310_175437

• Like 8

looks great so far. i've never seen the spruces of this Kit before. real nice job with the dash and seatbelts they'll ready pop and will still show up great when the fuselages are joined together. 

That Otaki P-51 looks amazing brush painting Vallejo Aluminium...your paint job came out crazy good. :D 

• Thanks 1

Hi folk's,waiting for parts to dry on the P-38 I found myself picking the two P-51 builds which I'd planned to leave till the weekend so now have the airframes assembled

and ready for primer once, done I start the painting I'll split the photo's into the Particular scheme chosen.

20240313_100125

• Like 8

• stevej60 changed the title to Number one.Hobbyboss Easy kit P51D.

Morning folk's time to split the photo's as each start their respective schemes.Two coats of Mig chrome and nicely drying the wings might need one more I'll see

tomorrow when I'm next up in the loft.

20240316_105501

• Like 8

Hi Steve

Very good painting job but I am not sure that the real "Feable Eagle" was ever equipped with a DF loop ...

6a554fe5dacf4fdea3479779737d9522.jpg

Best regards

Patrice

1 hour ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Hi Steve

Very good painting job but I am not sure that the real "Feable Eagle" was ever equipped with a DF loop ...

6a554fe5dacf4fdea3479779737d9522.jpg

Best regards

Patrice

Thanks Patrice easily corrected.

• Like 2

On 17/03/2024 at 04:25, Cookenbacher said:

That's some fast work Steve, and of the highest quality - I'm impressed with both the Mig chrome and the brushed VMC on your earlier effort.

Many thanks Cookie,moved along with some panels picked out in different shades and a couple of brushed gloss coats for washing and decals.

20240318_095908

• Like 6

Evening folk's got an hour in today and after a few passes with a slightly darker silver to break up the base colours main decals applied I'll do the stencils next

then gloss again and put in a pin wash.

20240318_204916

20240318_204932

• Like 6