FW-190 D-9 Dora in the hanger

Dear Friends

This one of the new wonder kits from IBG, that really throws down the gauntlet for other Companies to follow.  It has glorious but restrained rivet and panel detail.  You can see the rear of the engine on looking into the undercarriage bay.  My only struggle was with the brass with the kit in the undercarriage bay.  The barrels are from Master.  The markings are from the kit for JG 54 in December 1944, I think the first unit to operate the aircraft

7h2I9qy.jpg

srYUpv5.jpg

This is a Noy's Miniatures hanger and figures are Gunthwaite RN gun crew in overalls.  They were the nearest I could get for 'schwarzmanner'

ZDoC4XP.jpg

To try things out I used some oil brusher colours from AMMO to dry brush the exhaust and wear on the wings, what do you think?

4SjEl2v.jpg

Andrew

• Like 50

A very smart Lang Nase. The paint job is perfect.

Congrats.

JR

Andres, its absolutely fantastic.  You paintjob is spot on, you schwarzmänner are beautiful and I I love the hangar. I've GOT to get me one of these.. well done sir!

This is a great show! I can't say what is more applaudable -the model, the dio or the photography - or all together! In any way it's a perfect presentation of your skills.

Looks absolutely fantastic, can't fault it, nicely done.

Well the only thing I can fault is the spelling of hangar........ 😉

Thanks Guys, I'm hanging my head in shame over the hangar spelling

Was probably my most successful attempt at German camo.  Didn't realise the airbrush nozzle needed to be 1 cm or less from the target.  Perhaps I'll try wellenmuster one of these days?

Regards

Andrew

I had to look up this kit as I had not heard of IBG.  When I found out it was 1/72 scale, I was amazed even more at your build as it is so crammed full of detail and the paint/finish/weathering is just done so well.  The kit looks like it is a much larger scale than it is.  Your diorama setting is also just great.  Thanks for sharing the finished kit and the diorama setting; both are wonderful.