MPM DC-2 KLM 1/72

Hello guys, this is a build I've completed 4 years ago. I'm posting this because I'm not able to continue the build of my Curtiss CW-21 at the moment. It's been a rollercoaster last period with a holiday in Chile and Argentina, Christmas,  the sudden death of a dear friend, and work, always work...

I hope by posting some older projects to get a bit of mojo and time to start building again..

Anyways: this is the MPM DC-2 "Jan van Gent" in orange during 1939. It's a nice kit to build and goes together pretty good. The only thing I hate is the separate propellor blades you need to glue in the right position.  When I look at the pictures I don't think I've succeeded very well..

It's OOB, paints are;

Orange; Hataka, other colours vallejo and AK true metallic wax.

Here are some pictures,  I hope you like them!

P1050034

P1050033

P1050032

P1050035

Comments are 🙏 

• Like 36

Nice job on a surprisingly tough kit!  I love the paint scheme, too, which cries out "DON'T SHOOT!"  I understand the pax windows on many of these KLM aircraft were covered in a lighter orange-yellow material, kind of like masking Tamiya tape, that allowed light in but did not allow anyone to look out.

10 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Nice job on a surprisingly tough kit!  I love the paint scheme, too, which cries out "DON'T SHOOT!"  I understand the pax windows on many of these KLM aircraft were covered in a lighter orange-yellow material, kind of like masking Tamiya tape, that allowed light in but did not allow anyone to look out.

That's a fantastic idea! I've transparent orange paint in a lighter colour.  I will experiment a bit..

3 hours ago, VG 33 said:

Hello

She is very nice in her 'Do not shoot coat" !

Patrick

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

That's a real beauty Fred, lovely paintjob, very cool model !!   :coolio:

Keith

Thank you! Hi Patrick, it was painted in this scheme during the phoney war, and I think it is the best possible way to say don't shoot..

Keith; I think it's very cool too..