Artscale 1/72 British radio station set

Wm Blecky

I'm wondering in anyone else here has seen this new release from Artscale for a 1/72 British radio station set, which includes:

• 1 pc power supply for WS 19 MKII
  • 2 pcs WS 19 MK II
  • 1 pc amplifier RF No. 2
  • 1 pc receiver R107
  • 2 pcs of protective frame

spacer.png

I am curious as to where this set could be used.  Is it something that would be seen in an aircraft (a Lancaster or Wellington for example), or perhaps more suited for a tank or jeep?

TIA.

Sure I came across a number 19 set in the air cadets 50 years ago. Don't remember anything about it though, sorry.

13 hours ago, Wm Blecky said:

I'm wondering in anyone else here has seen this new release from Artscale for a 1/72 British radio station set, which includes:

• 1 pc power supply for WS 19 MKII
  • 2 pcs WS 19 MK II
  • 1 pc amplifier RF No. 2
  • 1 pc receiver R107
  • 2 pcs of protective frame

spacer.png

I am curious as to where this set could be used.  Is it something that would be seen in an aircraft (a Lancaster or Wellington for example), or perhaps more suited for a tank or jeep?

TIA.

Think this should be moved out of military aircraft   into military vehicles you need to contact a moderator to do this for you.

Selwyn

The post/thread does not require moving as the OP is inquiring if this radio set was ever used in aircraft. 

The 3D design is originally from a Czech producer  firma49

https://www.firma49.cz/p/british-radio-station/

It has been pointed out elsewhere that, though it is nicely detailed, it is missing some key feature particularly the variometer.   That is the cylindrical object on the top left of photo

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

I do not want to see this become a dickering match about where this belongs.  When I originally posted, I honestly was not sure.  Although Work In Progress was able to clarify that for me (thank you once again), I still wonder how difficult it would be to adapt it to a Lancaster or Wellington.  Perhaps not the whole set, but maybe pieces of it.  It looks so nicely detailed, it would add to the cockpit/radio operator's area in one of those birds.

2 hours ago, JackG said:

The post/thread does not require moving as the OP is inquiring if this radio set was ever used in aircraft. 

It has been pointed out elsewhere that, though it is nicely detailed, it is missing some key feature particularly the variometer.   That is the cylindrical object on the top left of photo

spacer.png

Thanks @JackG for letting me know the company that produced the set and providing the link.  I've been looking at some of their other items.  Looks like I'll end up ordering a few things from them!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JackG said:

spacer.png

It should be moved as it was a  Army ground use item and not used in aircraft. It would be good useful information to our armour modellers! Im sure they would appreciate it.

Selwyn

18 hours ago, Wm Blecky said:

I still wonder how difficult it would be to adapt it to a Lancaster or Wellington.

Why would you want to do that when there are excellent aftermarket sets available for the T1154/R1155 sets that were used?

Let's give this gentleman a break here, he was just offering a potential new source of detail and was making a positive contribution to try and help. Many members post absolutely nothing on the forum and are not proactive so give credit where it is due for being engaged as without this approach the forum would stagnate.

OK, the item may not have an aero application after all but credit for highlighting it, and I'm sure it will not be the last item raised that subsequently turns out to be a dead end of sorts.

Just my opinion.

Pat.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dave Swindell said:

Why would you want to do that when there are excellent aftermarket sets available for the T1154/R1155 sets that were used?

Perhaps you could post a link to these sets?  1/72 I presume?

27 minutes ago, Wm Blecky said:

Perhaps you could post a link to these sets?  1/72 I presume?

Pretty much every cockpit/interior detail set for the Lancaster / Halifax / Stirling / Wellington / Whitley / Mosquito includes the T1154/R1155 radio sets  - resin, photo etch, 3d print - 1/72, 1/48, 1/32.

You pays your money, take your pick. Apart from the Mosquito they're not really visible inside the fuselage anyway.

If you do want a nice model of the radios themselves, Barracuda do a very nice set in 1/32

https://barracudacals.com/collections/1-32-resin-detail-sets/products/lancaster-wwii-radio-upgrade-set

BR32411-01_720x.jpg?v=1580672177

The Artscale stuff looks very nice and will no doubt look great on a suitable military model, but will likely come with a suitable price tag which will get you a complete interior detail set with the correct radio setup for whichever British bomber your building.

I'm not criticising you for bringing the sets to our attention, or for querying their use; only pointing out that for an aircraft such as a Lancaster there are much better appropriate alternatives with more bang for your buck 🙂

• Thanks 1

Thank you. 

As nice as Roy's resin sets are, unfortunately his set is 1/32 and not 1/72, so I can not use it.

• Like 1

On 11/01/2024 at 22:28, Wm Blecky said:

from Artscale

I note Hannants list it as "Aircraft detailing sets (resin)"   which may explain the confusion.   

I mention this as Art Scale do decals, lots of them.   They do various Hurricane sheets,  I spotted them last summer. 

THEY ARE WORTHLESS GARBAGE!!!!

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235127999-more-cobblers-hurricane-decals-warning-artscale/

I have not gone through their range in any detail, but  I did email about the Hurricane sheets, no response.   If they are doing an army radio as aircraft detailing then it shows the level of research similar to the Hurricane sheet.   In the thread it was mentioned another of similar 'quality' .........

3 hours ago, Dave Swindell said:

The Artscale stuff looks very nice

check first would be my suggestion.

HTH

• Like 1