Tamiya 1/35 T34/85 Syrian Army Six Day War

My second AFV build, decided to go down the Six Day War/Yom Kippur route when I added to my stash, so first up was the Tamiya T34/85, in Syrian Army service during the Six Day War

PXL_20240106_143201003

PXL_20240106_143152877 PXL_20240106_143143217 PXL_20240106_144252007

PXL_20240106_143233206 PXL_20240106_143257965

PXL_20240106_143224723

Tried 2 different light settings on my work bench lamp for different effect. 

Out of the box apart from the Eduard grille set (still getting to grips with PE) and some fantastic, easy to put together San Xin metal tracks and some decals I found on the internet, Star Decals?

Painted in Tamiya acrylics, finished with various filters, washes and pigments, I should have stopped at the initial enamel filter rather than then add an oil paint dot filter, which I think looks 'too much'.

Enjoyable build, let me have a go at some new techniques, it's all a big learning curve! 

Andy

• Like 19

Thankyou for the comments.

I did think at one point I had overdone it with the oil dot filter, the Ammo Green/Yellow filter really added some initial effects......then I decided to do some dot filters, again and again......

Really nice work on one of Tamiyas golden oldies!

The dust accumulation on the front and rear of the hull has worked out really well.

Looking forward to the next one. 

Darryl 

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

good result for your second compilation.
I imagine you have learned useful things about what to do and not to do.
Personally, I like the last photos more, with white and less yellowish tones.
I don't know which ones fit the real model more, if I had to bet, I would say the latter (I'm never right...lol).
I tell you that I use "daylight" for my photos, for the white balance in the camera, which for me is the light that best matches the real color we see, and does not alter the color tone of the model ( for better or worse...).
The spotlights I have also give a light of that type (it's their thing, that the parameters match), of 5500K (degrees Kelvin).

Cheers

Francis👍