1/48 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29K " Fulcrum-D" by HobbyBoss - released

Homebee

Expected in late October in China, Hobby Boss is to release a 1/48th Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29K Izdeliye 9.41 " Fulcrum-D" kit - ref. 81786

Source: http://www.hobbyboss.com/index.php?g=home&m=article&a=show&id=238

Box art 

64e2caec9c9b5.jpg

At the All Japan Hobby Show 2023

Source: https://hobby.dengeki.com/event/2089974/

P1010835-Lif65-Xvl-RIKDj-Q8-GX-Ls-E7-INM

P1010836-vdt-B-D1-V2-Zn5-D2-F-bh8-R6r9m5

Source: https://www.facebook.com/gustav.jung.7/posts/pfbid02EXMhH4KzXBy114doAH9LkGqLL3vAE4BVcGT6FkWacTsFcK57HExvQxmZYpGYihnal

384804653-6615318541895971-3807216200214

385368990-6615319301895895-1500391477185

V.P. 

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Oh, yes! I so wanted to have the 9.31 (together with other Soviet Union/Cold War could have beens), but since I already have the 1/32 9.15, I'd never find the space and time for another MiG-29 in 1/32. This solves the problem for me!

I guess they'll release the 9.15 in 1/48 as well so I might be tempted to get rid of the 1/32 kit and go for the more space friendly one.

Edited by Dudikoff

Tempted if it has a folded wing option: I am a fool for subjects with dark grey uppers, a hook and folded wings. 

Would be nice to see this in 1/32 too if they manage a proper wing fold, but 1/48 is becoming the only affordable scale for many.

Tony

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tony.t said:

Tempted if it has a folded wing option: I am a fool for subjects with dark grey uppers, a hook and folded wings. 

Would be nice to see this in 1/32 too if they manage a proper wing fold, but 1/48 is becoming the only affordable scale for many.

The 1/32 variant from Trumpeter has been available for like 15 years? And it has the wing fold.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dudikoff said:

The 1/32 variant from Trumpeter has been available for like 15 years? And it has the wing fold.

But the current 1/32 kits are based on the single seater airframe (MiG-29M) which never went into production. All current in-service variants are based on the unified two-seater airframe (MiG-29M2).

That means regardless if the machine is built as a single or double seater, it always features the two-seater canopy and the only difference is how the rear cockpit is configured (pilot workplace or 400l fuel tank). 

The HB kit will be the first one in any scale representing an in-service airframe based on the unified two-seater. 

Cheers

Markus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dudikoff said:

Besides it being a prototype from the 1990s not a current MiG-29K/KR as Shorty84 has explained, the Trumpeter wing-fold is a working toy mechanism, not a proper representation of the real thing to be assembled closed or open. 

It is surprising that no afterrmarket company bothered to step in to address this.  

So, 1/48 here we come (again). Will sit nicely next to a Su-33. Now just need the Su-25UTG/UPB.

Tony 

Hmm, my reply was based on Homebee's title specifically mentioning 9.31, like so: "Expected in late October in China, Hobby Boss is to release a 1/48th Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29K Izdeliye 9.31 " Fulcrum-D" kit - ref. 81786".

Though, I guess the photo does make it look like the later Russian development one with a protruding common single/dual seat canopy (which IMHO is ugly and I have no interest of) and the HB page doesn't mention 9.31 so I guess you're right.

All apologies.

Edited by Dudikoff

24 minutes ago, Dudikoff said:

Hmm, my reply was based on Homebee's title specifically mentioning 9.31, like so: "Expected in late October in China, Hobby Boss is to release a 1/48th Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29K Izdeliye 9.31 " Fulcrum-D" kit - ref. 81786".

Though, I guess the photo does make it look like the later Russian development one with a protruding common single/dual seat canopy (which IMHO is ugly and I have no interest of) and the HB page doesn't mention 9.31 so I guess you're right.

All apologies.

I agree, the boxart looks like a 9.41. Which in my opinion would be a great choice. Especially if Indian decals will be included!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tony.t said:

Besides it being a prototype from the 1990s not a current MiG-29K/KR as Shorty84 has explained, the Trumpeter wing-fold is a working toy mechanism, not a proper representation of the real thing to be assembled closed or open. 

It is surprising that no afterrmarket company bothered to step in to address this.  

So, 1/48 here we come (again). Will sit nicely next to a Su-33. Now just need the Su-25UTG/UPB.

Tony 

Kovozavody makes the Sukhoi Su-25UTG in 1/48 scale.

Saluti

Giampiero

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29K " Fulcrum-D" by HobbyBoss - box art+schemes+decals+ test model - release in October 2023
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29K " Fulcrum-D" by HobbyBoss - released
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2023 at 6:44 PM, Bobby No Mac said:

Phil Flory's box review here:

thanks, not very sure about the real world plane aspects of this review,l but you get a more accurate one of the plastic parts as well ;) 

definitely a keeper If I manage to source one!