Revell 1/72 Hawk T.1

Ejection Triangles:

As mentioned, I needed some suitable ejector triangles. Having hunted through my stash and come up empty handed, I had a look online.

I found a sheet by Fantasy Printshop and duly placed an order. In the meantime, of course, I found some suitable decals.

My first thought upon receiving the FP decals was that while they looked really nice, they were 1/48 scale - they do look rather large.

20211119_173056

The sheet definitely says 1/72 though.

Matt

• Like 2

G'day Matto,

Excellent progress and gloss finishes have always scared me so even more impressive IMO.

I built this kit for the GB but found the front windscreen part  on my kit suffered from what looked like a mould seepage as there was a huge amount of clear flash on the left lower edge and the left side was considerably thinner. My second kit was also the same, as did many of the GB participants, did you have the same issue?

Secondly, you have bought resin Mk,10 seats which will no doubt look great but the Hawks were initially fitted with abn earlier seat type. I dunno when they transitioned but it might pay to research this (if you havn't already) if you arre doing an early scheme. looking forward to the end product,

cheers,

Pappy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mackem01 said:

Great progress Matto. Can I ask what colour you used in the u/c Wells please.

Thank you @mackem01!

Wheel wells were painted with Mr Hobby H332 Light Aircraft Grey.

@Pappy, no issues with any of the clear parts. The rest of the kit was covered in flash, but the clear parts were fine!

Matt

• 2 months later...