The iconic Gull Wing Mercedes 300SL

This is my model of the legendary gull wing Mercedes-Benz 300SL from the 1950's. I built the beauty a couple of months ago from an excellent Tamiya 1/24 scale kit. It's probably the best kit I have ever encountered during my 30 years of serious fine scale modelling. The fit of the parts was excellent and the detailling excellent. I can fully recommend the kit to any colleague interested in this legendary sports car.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Really nice work. Beautiful build. One of these was originally in Finland and used by Scuderia Askolin.

Thanks Vesa! I didn't know about the Finnish connection

Cheers

Einar

Great to get confirmation that it's such a good kit as I have one waiting in the stash, currently expected to be built about a year from now. The only issue I have is that between yourself and Crazy Crank you've pretty much cornered the market in gorgeous silver 300SLs.

Excellent job, definitely one to be proud of.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spiny said:

Great to get confirmation that it's such a good kit as I have one waiting in the stash, currently expected to be built about a year from now. The only issue I have is that between yourself and Crazy Crank you've pretty much cornered the market in gorgeous silver 300SLs.

Excellent job, definitely one to be proud of.

Thank you very much Spiny!

• 3 weeks later...