1/48 - Junkers F.13 by MikroMir - released

Homebee

11 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

Excellent, thanks, I'll have a look at that :)

Cheers, 

Mark

Congratulation: This is exactly MiniArt‘s intention. Maybe they will even make a kit from these CAD renders someday. And until then we don‘t buy MikroMir's F-13. Marketing works, economy rules and customers like us lean back and enjoy.

• Confused 1

Those renders did not come from anywhere.

Obviously as 3D model is almost complete, it means the project is quite well advanced.

It still needs to be cut into a CNC-able model for making the molds etc. etc. yes, but its not like they just drew it in MS paint yesterday; they were obviously planning this for a while.

As AMP has been very hit & miss with its quality, I will wait till the models start getting built for judgement.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 11:45 AM, fjaweijfopi4j48 said:

The thing is, the F.13 came in a number of ever-evolving configurations, with changes in vertical and horizontal tail surfaces, wings, ailerons, landing gear, fuselage length, engines, corrugation directions on sides, top and belly, etc.

The VH ones, for example, can't be produced from the Revell 1/72 kit. Revell in fact got it wrong for some of its decal options.

Having experienced through many years and builds the relative meaning of the word "accuracy" for most manufacturers, I don't believe they will take the time to sort all these out.

Manufacturers in general resort to the one-configuration-fits-all solution, just slapping the different decals on, in many cases forcing the modeler to perform surgery, mods and adaptations to obtain something closer to reality in certain cases.

But, who knows, may be manufacturers will start to invest the time needed, and make meaningful efforts to produce more accurate molds.

Sorry, who said "research"?

Hi, 

Would you happen to have photos of the Junkers F.13's as used in Canada as a bush plane?

Thanks, Harold

3 hours ago, haroldk said:

Hi, 

Would you happen to have photos of the Junkers F.13's as used in Canada as a bush plane?

Thanks, Harold

Hi Harold,

just as a heads-up, that post was by a member formerly known as "Moa", who doesn't visit BM anymore. He has an online blog somewhat ominously called "Wings of Intent", via which you may be able to contact him.

HTH,

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I will only add that I am very positively surprised at how well Mikromir reproduced the silhouette of the plane and its dimensions. What's more, the number of sheet metal waves on the plane's skin is correct!

As far as I know, they did not have access to factory plans and did most of their work based on photographs. It's not that simple, because this plane has many versions and modifications, so a lot of effort is needed to avoid making a mistake when collecting materials and not using an element in the set that was used in the Junkers 13, but at a different time. Looking at the first renders, published two years ago (they are at the beginning of the thread) and the final model, it appears that at some point they decided to completely throw away their previous work and start making the silhouette from scratch. Effect - wow!

This is the first Junkers 13 model done really well. Revell's model only stayed on the market because there was no other one. I described its basic disadvantages on my blog (https://hangarfranza.blogspot.com/2022/04/junkers-revella-opis-szczery-bez.html).

So now we are waiting for someone to make a model in 1:72...

Edited by KayFranz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mikromir have had a tendency to make their models smaller than the indicated scale in the past so I am pleasantly surprised they managed to stay within the scale.

Its the typical short-tun moulding and soft plastic and it will be a lot of work to thin the trailing edge of wings and tail with the corrugated metal surface (and fix all the usual deficiencies that come with short-run kits) but this might make a nice model in the end.

As this version represents the early version, it would make sense for Miniart to produce the later wing versions, so the Mikromir kit might be the only kit of the early Junkers.

Edited by SprueMan
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

KayFranz thanks for your review! It’s great that we now have an accurate F.13, and even in my favourite scale too. 

I really hope this kit will sell well enough to justify additional releases. I’ll definitely be buying it! 😎

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2023 at 6:50 PM, Bozothenutter said:

…and those amongst us who can financially affort to support a venture like Mikromir do not have to wait for MiniArt's F-13! Those financially more potent amongst us might even also acquire MiniArt's F-13 and thus support TWO ukrainian companies that make our hobby so rich! 😉

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I totally bought the MikroMir kit to support their effort, as I normally stick to WW2 subjects. But with a little tinkering I may just be able to make a Luftwaffe bird out of it. Regardless, those ribs will look awesome with some metallic paint and a wash.

PS. MiniArt is Polish.

Edited by Skyraider3D
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skyraider3D said:

PS. MiniArt is Polish.

Hm. On MiniArt‘s website they say they were founded in Ukraine in 2001 and are located at Kijiv/Kiew since 2014, which is Ukraine's capital. Have they changed/switched to Poland since then?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RHWinter said:

Hm. On MiniArt‘s website they say they were founded in Ukraine in 2001 and are located at Kijiv/Kiew since 2014, which is Ukraine's capital. Have they changed/switched to Poland since then?

Ha! Well I can't argue with that! ☺️

I got my info from Scalemates. Seems they got it wrong then!

But their Facebook page does state they're (now) based in Poland: https://www.facebook.com/miniart.models/

Edited by Skyraider3D
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2023 at 10:08 PM, haroldk said:

Hi, 

Thanks, Harold

Above and Below have two decals schemes for Canadian bush planes, one is an Imperial Oil plane and the second CP.

18 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Ooh, can this be built in Polish LOT livery?

It cannot :)

This version is the early version with the straight line vertical stabiliser and rudder.

When LOT took over the machines purchased  by the "Aerolloyd"  (later name "Aerolot"), they continued first to use the original markings and scheme (the one included in the kit) with identifications starting with "P-PALx" (where x is A to N)

The LOT logo on the tailplane appeared only when the vertical and rudder was replaced and the engines were upgraded in the years 1927 to 1930 and the planes received the identifications starting with SP-AAx (where the x could be A,B,C,D,H,L,T,J,W,U)

The basic scheme was the same throughout their lifetime in Poland with aluminium overall and black underside of the wing and fuselage. As included in the kit.

The Polish Junkers F.13 were all sold in 1936 in lieu of a Junkers Ju52m and were then used for many years in Canada after that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, SprueMan said:

It cannot :)

Dang

54 minutes ago, SprueMan said:

The LOT logo on the tailplane appeared only when the vertical and rudder was replaced and the engines were upgraded in the years 1927 to 1930 and the planes received the identifications starting with SP-AAx (where the x could be A,B,C,D,H,L,T,J,W,U)

Was this a standard a special LOT mod?

I have a Ju52 with the intent to make it into SP-AKX, which used Pegasus engines and 3-blade props.

On 17/03/2024 at 23:18, dnl42 said:

Dang

Was this a standard a special LOT mod?

I have a Ju52 with the intent to make it into SP-AKX, which used Pegasus engines and 3-blade props.

Oh, that I cannot tell you. I simply do not know :( All I can say is, the Aerolloyd/Aerolot markings are included in the kit as @KayFranz wrote.