1/72 - E.E. Canberra by AMP/MikroMir - B.2, T.4, T.11 & T.17 released

Homebee

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2018 at 11:20 AM, MVW said:

Hello,

got my T.11 yesterday and compared it with my colleagues S&M B.2 today: Same plastic sprues except the extra one for the nose...

Martin

I have noticed that you can get the T.11 kit in the US for $20-$30 less through ebay than trying to order an S&M B.2 or T.4 kit from the UK. It appears that all you need to provide to get a B.2 or T.4 out of the T.11 kit are decals of your choice, which many people will do anyway (and there are lots of options). So I bought two T.11s and will do one as a B.2. Has anyone compared the AMP/S&M fuselage and wings to the High Planes kit, or have I just missed it? I know this was well-regarded for accuracy, but the B-57A that I built was really a challenge to assemble.

HLJ has the T.11 for pre-order at what should be a reasonable price if you are outside the UK:

https://hlj.com/product/MKRAMP72-004

Edited by VMA131Marine
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

I have noticed that you can get the T.11 kit in the US for $20-$30 less through ebay than trying to order an S&M B.2 or T.4 kit from the UK. It appears that all you need to provide to get a B.2 or T.4 out of the T.11 kit are decals of your choice, which many people will do anyway (and there are lots of options). So I bought two T.11s and will do one as a B.2. Has anyone compared the AMP/S&M fuselage and wings to the High Planes kit, or have I just missed it? I know this was well-regarded for accuracy, but the B-57A that I built was really a challenge to assemble.

HLJ has the T.11 for pre-order at what should be a reasonable price if you are outside the UK:

You may want to take a look here S&M Canberra build

John

18 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

The T.11 canopy is the same as the B.2 one, but not the same as the T.4 one. I had a look in the box at the weekend with Mel from S&M.

I personally prefer to get the kit direct from Mel and that way he gets more than if he has sold it at trade to someone else. 

Having built the B.2 is not shake and bake by any means but if you take your time its worth it in the end.

Julien

1 hour ago, Julien said:

I personally prefer to get the kit direct from Mel and that way he gets more than if he has sold it at trade to someone else. 

Julien

I wanted to go that route, but the S&M (and I think that was a really unfortunate company name just because of what happens when you try to Google it) website is not particularly friendly to overseas customers. Being in the US, I can't complete an order without a phone call to get a shipping cost.

Edited by VMA131Marine
  • Like 1

Whatever the problems with the kit, it looks nice to me (I'm an Il-2 anorak, not a Canberra anorak), so I'll probably be buying the T.11.

Regards,

Jason

42381709892_3e19cfc796_o_d.jpg

Comparing it with the picture of the real thing in post #54 it's the wheel on the left to go with.

Sincerely,

Martin

Edited by MVW
Clarifying m opinion with picture from post #54 superpositioned.
  • Thanks 1

..interesting as I would say the one on the far right.

The wheel hub diameter is 19 inch on B.2 types (compared to 21 inch on B.6 and later), section and overall diameter remain the same at 13.5 x 43 inch.

So the new hub should be slightly smaller that the existing kit wheel, but the overall tyre/wheel diameter should be the same.

The tyre is quite fat compared to the hub

From Freightdog Models

Source: https://www.facebook.com/freightdogmodels/photos/a.238637406163951.82458.119466081414418/2142465595781113/?type=3&theater

Going to the caster today, corrected Canberra tip tanks for the S & M Models 1/72 kit B.2 or T.4 kits. Also applicable to the AMP T.11 or out of production Airfix B(I).8. Due on sale in the next couple of weeks.

34718403.jpg

V.P.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Colin @ Freightdog Models said:

Freightdog tip tanks are on my website now. Tanks are based on the drawings earlier in this thread, so credit is due to John/Canberra kid, pm me your address John and I'll send you some free samples, thanks!

Colin

Thanks Collin, I thought they looked good! 🙂 PM on it's way and thank you, it's much appreciated, if only others were as generous.

John  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canberra kid said:

Thanks Collin, I thought they looked good! 🙂 PM on it's way and thank you, it's much appreciated, if only others were as generous.

John  

My pleasure John, I'm getting the first batch tomorrow to have some on sale at Coventry show on Sunday, then will start posting out orders on Monday hopefully.

Colin

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Julien said:

Those tip tanks are very nice. I picked them up from Mel @ S&M along with a T-4, I must be mad doing another! 🤣

They are Julien, I will have see how they fit on the other kits, given the problems with the new wing.

John

• Like 1

On 6/30/2018 at 10:16 PM, canberra kid said:

They are Julien, I will have see how they fit on the other kits, given the problems with the new wing.

John

I wondered that aswel John, do they fit the S&M kits or the Airfix kits?

2 hours ago, 71chally said:

I wondered that aswel John, do they fit the S&M kits or the Airfix kits?

I've not tried it yet James, but I will do this weekend. it shouldn't be that far out should it? from what I understand they are meant to be specifically for the S&M kit. 

John

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2018 at 8:33 PM, canberra kid said:

I've not tried it yet James, but I will do this weekend. it shouldn't be that far out should it?

Hopefully nothing more than a smidge of filler, but didn't we establish earlier in the thread that the S&M kit has the wrong wing chord at the tip joint?