Bangle's 1:72 SBS model DH.88 Comet

bangle

• 9 months later...

I also finally have some progress, after much messing about with cars and other annoying things I have actually managed to complete a model. It's rather embarrassing that it's been so long! Anyhow, I had much fun with paint, first making the model far too dark, then finally settling on a yellow primer and Tamiya X-7 on top. I decided to do all the no step stencils and all the other tiny ones I could see freehand with white enamel paints. I also added some silver rivet details and of course the back of my props are black (thank you all of you for leading me in the right direction). There are a few minor inaccuracies but i'll leave them to those who wish to spot them. I'm just pleased to have actually completed something for a change!

Here is my aircraft just after the red was applied, progress photos pretty much stopped after this point! Completed model pictures will arrive as soon as i've finished messing around on photobucket. As with the rest of the build there was barely a hitch, the undercarriage went together perfectly, which is pretty impressive seen as i'd, rather irresponsibly neglected to do a test fit! Also included is a picture of me applying decals at our new 2m long husband and wife model making table, which I love and is probably the sole reason I actually regained the motivation to actually complete my model.

IMG_2.jpg

IMG_0166a.jpg

Since I mentioned it here's a lovely photo of the chaos that was before and our new table, before we put all the same clutter back on it (just much more spread out now).

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Caerbannog said:

A new desk would be nice in deed.... I cannot recal if there is a desk under my modelling pile at all :think:

I certainly understand that feeling! I'm very much enjoying not having to reshuffle my pile of various model making paraphernalia as i'm working!

Wow that's a little beauty! You've done an excellent job.

I've always loved the elegant, streamlined shape of the DH 88 and would love a (non resin) one in 1/48. Please Airfix, pleeaaasssee.

• Like 3

That really is stunning and, having stroked the real thing at Shuttleworth some five years ago, I am delighted to see it in miniature. Now you only have the green one, the black one, the french blue one and the silver RAF one to go!! Should only take you a decade or so at current rate, heh heh! These SBS kits are crackers, I have just received the Macchi MC72 and the Farman 190 in the post from lord Hannants this morning -just lovely!.