Italeri 1/48 Tornado F.3

Hi,

This is the 1st aircraft kit I've built since being a wee lad, and only the 2nd non-fiction model. I used the kit as it was out of the box, taking into account many of the fantastic posts on this forum of other people's journey's building this kit. I had some issues with the fit of parts, and could have done more to rectify them, but was happy to end up with something that was OK and not a complete disaster. I've also just invested in an airbrush, so tried my hand at pre-shading the panel lines, and finally using enamel washes which, after a lifetime of using Citadel acrylic washes, I have to say is an absolute dream. I went a bit heavy on the exhaust stains on the tail, and put that down to being unpractised with the airbrush.

So here it is, C&C welcome:

Regards

James

23962554540_ac91d88067_b.jpg

24258160545_3c4f438b00_b.jpg

23629936704_c45bc01443_b.jpg

• Like 14

Considering the gap between this and your last model aircraft, that is really amazing! I wish my first 'adult' model had been as good!

• Like 1

Thank you all for your kind words.

Not bad mate, not bad at all. Just bought the airbrush you say? Looks like you've got that well in hand.

Looks like some rascal has stolen your nose pitot tube, :banghead: the buggers !

Yes, never used one before, but watched a fair few vids. Certainly much easier base coating, and doing the main layer colours than by hand. Haven't mastered control of it for detail work, though, but practice makes perfect. I also find it clogs very often despite using thinners. It's a double action Paasch V (Side feed), which I'm using acrylics in. Mostly Vallejo model air, but some model colour and some AK too, all with appropriate acrylic thinner, but still clogs. So any advice there would be appreciated.

As for the pitot, that snapped pretty much straight after gluing it on, just as I thought it would before opening the box! haha. I figured the rest of the kit is pretty stuffed, I'd just go with what I have and make do.

Any advice or criticisms are all greatly received. I'm a firm believer in taking advice from those that have been there and done that, and using it to improve myself.