my boys airfix harrier gr9a

jack has been on with this for about a month..all his own efforts.he 12 years old.only cock up was mine,i sprayed mat cote while the canopy had been unmasked.so the foggy canopy was dads stupid fault,not his

image.jpg3_2.jpg

image.jpg5_2.jpg

image.jpg1_4.jpg

image.jpg2_2.jpg

image.jpg4_2.jpg

hope you like

daz

• Like 14

This looks very good.

The canopy could still be fixed. Buff the flat out with fine grades of sanding pads, or an even quicker fix would be to brush on a coat of acrylic clear.

regards,

Jack

Well done young man. It looks great. Wish my first one did look that good. Keep em coming.

And hey - forgive dad for the canopy - good to see that the old man isn't perfect himself, not? ;-)

Cheers,

Michael

Message for Jack, go to the kitchen , get Mums rolling pin

and smash all of Dads easter eggs the Plonker

Then don't let him touch your builds again

Put some clear coat on it, that will fix it.

Great job before he ruined it.

• Like 1

Thanks guys,yes,dad is a plank..he knows better than that.

But,as a reward for his hard efforts,I bought him the 1/72 airfix Afro Vulcan...it's soddin huge,lol

Hes made a start already...watch for this one in the near future..if it turns out better than my phantom im working on,it's the last im gonna buy him,lol

Daz

• Like 1

Jack did a good job! I am around his age, but my intrests in moddling are mostly WW2 planes. Some tips: He could have done a little more deatailing/weatheriing in the air intakes, and the misslies. Other then that it looks very good!

That's a very nice build – congrats!

The simplest fix for the canopy is just write to Airfix, explain the situation and ask for a replacement. I hear they're on their toes when it comes to customer care.

Really good job (except the you-know-what).

Kind regards,

Joachim

Great Job :yahoo: Wish my builds looked that good now, let alone when i was 12!!!! Looking forward to seeing the Vulcan ( make sure Dad stays away from it ;) )

And, as mentioned above, Airfix are superb when it comes to replacement parts :thumbsup:

Jon

I last built a harrier, an AV8B i think it was back in the mid 90's when I was in my twenties and even with the foggy glass, it wasn't as good as this! Well done little man, looking forward to seeing the Vulcan when its done!

Cheers

Viv

jack has been on with this for about a month..all his own efforts.he 12 years old.only cock up was mine,i sprayed mat cote while the canopy had been unmasked.so the foggy canopy was dads stupid fault,not his

image.jpg3_2.jpg

image.jpg5_2.jpg

image.jpg1_4.jpg

image.jpg2_2.jpg

image.jpg4_2.jpg

hope you like

daz

Very nice job, far better than anything I did at that age!!!, if it was acrylic spray varnish, household ammonia and a cotton buds will clear the canopy very well & then finish it off with a thin coat of gloss and it will look great.

Hey,im not having this..i produce a very nice tornado ids and get a few well dones.jack does this and he's inundated with positive comments,lol

Thank you one and all for me and jack.

Daz

Dad=Muppet is possibly my favorite quote from the whole post!

What a sterling job you have done. I really like the camo and the overall finish.

I wondered if Tamiya's fine polishing compound, a nice smooth lint free cloth and a little gentle elbow grease might remove Dad's nasty spray and shine up the canopy a treat????

But I'd try the other contributors ideas before my experiment!

Well done!