Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-6 Hasegawa 1/32

There are some new and interesting 109 builds here on Britmodeller, so i thought its a good idea to post and share one of my Gustavs.

Its the Hasegawa kit in 1/32 scale, maybe not the most accurate 109 on the market but if you are looking for a relaxing build

go with this kit, it builds nearly for itself.

The markings are for a Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-6, 4./JG 51 “Mölders” flown by Obfw. Elias Kühlein.

I hope you like it

Bernd

bild1_zpsb72bf344.jpgbild2_zpsa8fab7c2.jpgbild3_zpsb77a11bc.jpgbild4_zps71da55ab.jpgbild5_zps2d284c21.jpgbild6_zpsd1344651.jpgbild9_zpsa4d4bbf1.jpg

Edited by BerndM
  • Like 15

Really nice Gustav!

I like the smooth finish and the subtle weathering. But there are plenty of 3rd party decal sheets available for that ugly crooked cross, without which your Gustav fin looks a bit lost…

To tirelessly whip an already dead horse – with fully lowered flaps, a 109 also drooped both its ailerons by about 11°, IIRC.

Splendid build all the same!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

Hi BerndM,

That is absolutely, stunningly brilliant!! Superb panting and weathering and I love the eyes! Top marks all around!! Well done.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Beautiful build Bernd, am I correct in thinking this model was built some time before your Ju-88?

You don't seem to have done the pre-shading on the panel lines that came out so well on the Ju.

Imagine seeing those bug eyes in your rear view mirror :yikes:

• Like 1

Really nice Gustav!

I like the smooth finish and the subtle weathering. But there are plenty of 3rd party decal sheets available for that ugly crooked cross, without which your Gustav fin looks a bit lost…

To tirelessly whip an already dead horse – with fully lowered flaps, a 109 also drooped both its ailerons by about 11°, IIRC.

Splendid build all the same!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thank you Joachim, at the time, i have build this one, i didn t have fitting swastikas in the right size, I need them for all three 109 Gs build. Thanks for the advice of the ailerons.

BTW the lack of full markings, is in Germany a advantage, i used this as a backdrop on my Facebook site for a while

Beautiful build Bernd, am I correct in thinking this model was built some time before your Ju-88?

You don't seem to have done the pre-shading on the panel lines that came out so well on the Ju.

Imagine seeing those bug eyes in your rear view mirror :yikes:

Thank you Julian and yes, i build this one some years before my 88 (time to finish her) At this time, i didn t had this technique. My models are displayed on shelfs, that mean they gather some dust, from time to time they need some touch ups, the canopy parts were cleaned and dipped in future, a new antenna wire and a replacement for the pitot were added.

Yes those eyes with all guns blazing.

Cheers my friend

Bernd

• Like 1

Hi BerndM,

That is absolutely, stunningly brilliant!! Superb panting and weathering and I love the eyes! Top marks all around!! Well done.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix, i am glad you like it, its the best of my Gustavs in 1/32, the perfect scale for this type and the best for the mottling, the markings came from the box. It was one of Hasegawas limited Edition kits, with two marking options with eyes. Hard to choose :-)

• Like 2

Great looking 109, very nice job on the paint and finish

Thank you very much for your compliment. Model Master paints were used, i like them very much.

OOOH this floats nicely with ME. :heart::heart:

Your Bf -109 G-6 in 1:32 looks MOST IMPRESSIVE,,SPLENDIDLY Finished

:wow::mike:

(Unfortunately I have run out of MY LIKES Quota so you and everyone misses out ..but will rectify it another day. 🇺🇸 )

Edited by HOUSTON
  • Like 2

Hi Bernd,

nice to see another of your builds. Although 1/32 is not my scale, I like your 109. Looks very nice and tidy. I like the Model Master paints,too, but have difficulties to find them. Don´t know if Testors still sell their enamels.

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 1

Hi Bernd,

nice to see another of your builds. Although 1/32 is not my scale, I like your 109. Looks very nice and tidy. I like the Model Master paints,too, but have difficulties to find them. Don´t know if Testors still sell their enamels.

Cheers,

Mario

Hi Mario, thank you very much for your comment. There are some options for the 109 in 1/72, the AZ 109 is very tempting.

Currently i am thinking very much about, to have MM colors in my shop, but not yet so far.

Modellversand Hanke has them, hope so, wasn t there for a long time.

Have a nice (rest) Sunday

Cheers

Bernd

• Like 2

Hi Mario, thank you very much for your comment. There are some options for the 109 in 1/72, the AZ 109 is very tempting.

Currently i am thinking very much about, to have MM colors in my shop, but not yet so far.

Modellversand Hanke has them, hope so, wasn t there for a long time.

Have a nice (rest) Sunday

Cheers

Bernd

Hi Bernd,

thanks for the info! Hopefully they will not completely shift to acrylics. Good luck with your shop and have a nice Sunday, too!

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 1

OOOH this floats nicely with ME. :heart: :heart:

Your Bf -109 G-6 in 1:32 looks MOST IMPRESSIVE,,SPLENDIDLY Finished

:wow::mike:

(Unfortunately I have run out of MY LIKES Quota so you and everyone misses out ..but will rectify it another day. )

What is a "My likes quota" ?????????

That's niiiice! Very well finished and cool choice of markings.

Thank you very much for leaving this kind comment, i really appreciate feedback :-)

The markings were a must! It was of these days, entering my hobbyshop and saw this kit, no need for further searching, the other option on the decal sheet is nice too and will be used at some time.

It was surprising, that Hasegawas decals were really white not yellowish as usual.

BTW put your Modelling Blog in my favorites ! Awesome, will have a long look :-)

• Like 1