Williams FW14B

The pictures are not great so sorry about that sometimes the camera takes good photo's and sometimes not (or is it just the operator!).

It's the 1/24 Hasegawa kit released in 1992 with added etch seat belts from Eduard and some wiring to the engine. The kit decals were used and could have been better in places, the body was painted with Zero colour matched paints and their two pack clear coat. Using Zero paint and rub down markings on the tyres, were firsts for me, but they when on ok. Things did not always go as planned during the build so a few “that will do” moments.

The 1/1 scale car was a development of the FW14 used in 1991, for the 1992 season. It had computer controlled suspension, the Renault V10 engine and semi-automatic transmission. This car was driven by Nigel Mansell who had 9 race wins, 3 seconds, four race retirements and of course that year won the Drivers World Championship and with his team mate Patrese won Williams the Constructors Championship. I believe that the kit was released half way through the season i.e. before Mansell won the championship.

WilliamsFW14BAug201421.jpg

WilliamsFW14BAug201420.jpg

WilliamsFW14BAug201418.jpg

• Like 3

lovely model, lovely car- even if pics are slightly blurry/out of focus.

just a shame they don't give you the full set of sponsor logos these days - such a nanny state mentality - those camel logos would fill out those swathes of plain yellow beautifully.

Edited by sennapod

Also my favourite F1 car, nice build, might be worth a trawl of ebay for the Camel decals just to finish it off.

The 1/12 kit is a gem, though quite expensive these days.

Cheers,

Warren

F1 cars in the 90's looked so much cleaner than today's with their simple front wings and no bodywork aero add ons . I bought a pack of good quality Camel decals from www.modelworks.co.uk . They are in 1/24 and 1/43 scale sizes . Only cost £3.75 .

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work, did the 91 FW14 by Hasegawa a few years ago but not as well as this.