1956 Austin Healey 100-Six

My MK2 was that colour scheme and that model is a perfect match,whatever happened to two tone cars! BTW is that your GT6 triumphfan?

Yes Paul,

MkIII in Signal red. Had her 10 years now, lovely little car which shares one thing in common with the Healey.....

The engine heat will cook you no matter what you try to do to prevent it. Actually the Healey is worse than the Triumph cuz it is a convertible, lol

Steve.

Fantastic! I just love that and you've created such a gem from an aging kit. Great finish on it and the paint looks just right. How did you make the wheels? I'd love to know - and I suspect many others out there would too!

Cheers,

Roger

A truly fantastic job, :goodjob:

ditto to what Roger says, :thumbsup2:

"Share Your Wisdom Oh Learned One" :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Martin

Thanks for your further replies!

I totally agree that the AH 100/3000 was one of the most desirable (but nevertheless still affordable) cars ever.

In my opinion the end of AH, Triumph, and many small British manufacturers generally meant the beginning decline of what made driving sports cars really fun. The following permanent increase of size, weight, power, perfection (and prices of course) is definitely not the key to riding fun. Obviously this is not only my opinion: In the Hamburg area you can see a lot of vintage Triumphs and Morgans of any age.

BTW in 1984 I collected a Super Seven from Caterham Cars and owned it until 1990. No matter how poweful my later cars were, none of them offered half the fun of the Super Seven.

Paul, I am envious of you for having owned (and driven!) the 1:1 vehicle.

I will try to post a very detailed wire wheel tutorial next month. If there are no objections I am going to place it in the WIP sub-forum since it will be a step-by-step instruction only interesting for car and motor bike modelers.

I will try to post a very detailed wire wheel tutorial next month. If there are no objections I am going to place it in the WIP sub-forum since it will be a step-by-step instruction only interesting for car and motor bike modelers.

Great stuff!! Could you post a link to your new thread in this one so we get notified when you start it? :)

Mike, Houston thanks a lot!

Wow what a fantastic build,lovely paint finish, one of the best I've seen! One small point, do you think the gap around the doors should be black or similar? When you look at 'real' cars, the gaps around doors are very dark.

Mike

Mike, I agree that the door gaps of the model look rather shallow. You are right even though this impression is partially caused by the very bright artificial lighting while taking my pictures inside a white "photographer's tent".

The general question how to treat door/lid gaps and panel lines on car models will probably always remain a matter of personal taste. Some weeks ago I followed long discussion about this topic in an American car modeling forum. The party that believed in darkening gaps/panel lines and the party believing that this spoils a model tried to prove their point of view with pictures of real cars.

I found my own oppinion confirmed that darkening over-accentuates the mostly much too wide gaps on a model. For me the only convincing solution is re-scribing all lines and gaps to a sufficient depth. This is always necessary f. e. on the old AIM/AITM resin truck cabs.

As mentioned I built my model more than 20 years ago. Today I would certainly rework the door gaps. But - as already said - under less bright light the shallow door gaps become less important.