STRATEGIC AIR COMMAND

This is my take on Hobby Boss's 1/32 kit and it's a real gem. A couple of fit issues at the wing tips and the weight that's mean to fit under the ammo cans, but that's it.

Finished as the C.O's bird of the 522nd FES during their stint in Korea 1950 - 51. The C.O. Col. William Bertram shot down the first MiG 15 of the conflict.

Orange markings painted on and the buzz number is from the kit sheets and a generic 1/32 numbers sheet. NMF courtesy Rub'N Buff as always. Canopy frames sanded away too.

DSCF3925copy_zps8700d0f5.jpg

DSCF3928_zpsf5257fd3.jpg

DSCF3929_zps78e60078.jpg

DSCF3935_zpsd00b9df6.jpg

W

• Like 3

Awesome work. The metal looks really well used and left to its own. I can see this plane sitting in parking just waiting to take to the skies again. Great stuff, well done.

Very nice kit. I was tempted to make the one from Lt Kratt 523rd FES when I saw the profile in Wings of fame #2.

When you say the first MiG-15 of the conflict you say for this unit on January 21, 1951because if I remember well the first MiG-15 kill was from 1st Lt Brown in a 16th FIS F-80 on November 08, 1950. Tell me if I am wrong.

Patrick