Mosquito PR I project complete

Hi all,

I have been doing a project diary in the Work In Progress section over the last few days for my Mosquito PR I. We have arrived back at the present, so here are the pictures of the completed model.

Mossiefiniupperltrear_zpse09b8678.jpg

Mossiefiniupperltfront_zpsf8c4a1a5.jpg

MossiePRIltrear_zps80dd155f.jpg

MossiePRIbottom_zps6aa30a35.jpg

And a final one of the cockpit area...

MossiePRIcockpit_zps2c458d0a.jpg

My deepest thanks to all those who helped me get the details right. That's all, folks!

Cheers, Jim

• Like 1

Great model and nice colours.

Something that's always puzzled me about the very early Mossies - where are the engine exhausts? I presume that whatever they had did not work very well, hence the exposed exhausts on all later versions.

For Bryan,

The early exhausts are a single outlet that is lower down on the side of each nacelle; you can just see them in the picture of the bottom. The exhausts were collected inside the nacelles and routed out; the single exhaust per side also had an opening at the front to allow cooler air over the collector. And you are correct; the early exhausts were quite different and caused a lot of blistering in the area due to the heat. The later stub exhausts (even with shrouds on the night fighters) was the solution to that problem.

HTH, Jim

A real beauty there Jim.

Nice smooth and clean too which is how I'd expect a PR Mossie to be,all high altitude

and best possible speed.

Recently been enjoying the Freeware Dave Garwood Mossie for FSX if anyone is into it :)

Yes woody,Dave Garwood's products are usually pretty good.

Hi Yoda,

A lovely build of a PR Mossie, keeping well and truly to your theme! Well researched and beautifully built. Having done 'the first' PR Mossie, any plans for a build of 'the last' a late model PR Mossie?

Regards.