Welcome to Britmodeller.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

• Announcements

• Mike

PhotoBucket are no longer permitting 3rd party hosting   01/07/17

As most of you are now painfully aware, Photobucket (PB) are stopping/have stopped allowing their members to link their accumulated years of photos into forums and the like, which they call 3rd party linking.  You can give them a non-refundable $399 a year to allow links, but I doubt that many will be rushing to take them up on that offer.  If you've previously paid them for the Pro account, it looks like you've got until your renewal to find another place to host your files, but you too will be subject to this ban unless you fork over a lot of cash.   PB seem to be making a concerted move to another type of customer, having been the butt of much displeasure over the years of a constantly worsening user interface, sloth and advertising pop-ups, with the result that they clearly don't give a hoot about the free members anymore.  If you don't have web space included in your internet package, you need to start looking for another photo host, but choose carefully, as some may follow suit and ditch their "free" members at some point.  The lesson there is keep local backups on your hard drive of everything you upload, so you can walk away if the same thing happens.   There's a thread on the subject here, so please use that to curse them, look for solutions or generall grouse about their mental capacity.   Not a nice situation for the forum users that hosted all their photos there, and there will now be a host of useless threads that relied heavily on photos from PB, but as there's not much we can do other than petition for a more equitable solution, I suggest we make the best of what we have and move on.  One thing is for certain.  It won't win them any friends, but they may not care at this point.    Mike.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul E

HMS Upton, 1/350 Ton Class Minesweeper Kit Conversion.

Posted (edited)

Here is the second of my Ton Class models, this time HMS Upton a Minesweeper. I was not originally intending to build this model but as I had decided to develop Photo Etch for Brereton I thought I should go one step further and develop PE to enable me to build another model to show the extent of the difference between a Minehunter and a Minesweeper.  So I designed the PE and bought another kit.

27617658420_0874b9b34e_k.jpg

I originally started out with the intention of building HMS Wotton which is why the build log refers to HMS Brereton and HMS Wotton.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235001978-ton-class-mine-hunter-hms-brereton-and-minesweeper-hms-wotton-1350-scale-atlantic-models-kit/#comment-2348495

However I changed my mind as I had no connection with Wotton whereas I grew up in a village called Upton.  I am aware that in doing so I am causing confusion with the Atlantic Models kit that I converted. To be clear the Atlantic Models kit is a Minehunter and is actually HMS Nurton and not HMS Upton as stated on the box cover. Not that it matters too much as it is an excellent kit and a joy to build.

So here are pictures of my HMS Upton, a conversion from the Atlantic Models kit to a Minesweeper:

34668400254_8d6967a44d_k.jpg

35342460012_65d080e262_k.jpg

34668414514_7e0309479e_k.jpg

35379056121_f615362120_k.jpg

35342488752_eb6b2db2d1_k.jpg

35379069321_98aece7616_k.jpg

35342481482_438719ff2d_k.jpg

34700029093_b5019f56d4_k.jpg

And finally here are some pictures with my models of HMS Brereton and HMS Upton together:

35240214870_e2074d3be8_k.jpg

35626953575_36f501b4c1_k.jpg

34818094403_bf83fbe693_k.jpg

35587613596_b4b10b4d11_k.jpg

34818115253_0c62070ddd_k.jpg

I hope you enjoy the pictures

Thank you

Paul.

Edited by Paul E
grammar
10 people like this

To your usual high standards.....

Great conversion

Kev

1 person likes this

Very nicely done Paul, they make a great pair.

All the best Chris

1 person likes this

Thoroughly enjoyed the WIP on these and have them book marked for when I can get time to get round to mine

beefy

Very fine pair - lovely clean detail

Rob

Nice models, both of them!

Martian

Posted (edited)

Looked at your cracking models then spent a happy hour or two "researching" the difference between Minesweeper and Minehunter etc.

Some really interesting "information" out there.

Either way, those are lovely models!

Then got caught up with Voith Schneider Propellers (VDP) VSP, Z Drives etc...    :worry:

Went to bed with my head reeling.   

:party:

:Tasty:

:tmi:

Edited by Murdo

Very smart!