Patricia Lynn RB.57E

Well here I go again, it's a Canberra! This is the CA B.57B modified to an RB.57E using the Airfix E nose cone but that had to be altered to better represent the shape of the camera nose of the RB.57E. I've also had ago at trying to capture the well worn look of the most used Canberra in SEA, the only USAF jet to be in theater from start to finish.

DSC02278.jpg

DSC02276.jpg

DSC02275.jpg

DSC02274.jpg

DSC02277.jpg

DSC02272.jpg

DSC02271.jpg

If you want to see my WIP it's here RB.57E WIP that will explain all the extra work involved in making an accurate RB.57E

John

Great build! You've given life to the mass of black on it. That can't have been easy so kudos to you sir!

Edited by Rob C

Another nice one John and that build article of yours makes good reading for anyone interested in Patricia Lynn !

Cheers,

Haydn.

Thanks Haydn :) and every one, I don't normally weather things so it's good to see your encouraging remarks.

John

cracking job (again) John...oh and in other news the Italieri 72nd B2 has been dropped :( :(

steve

I throw my hands up in despair!! what on earth are they playing at? Am I being a wee bit dim or am I the only one who thinks a B.2/6 would be a winner? :angrysoapbox.sml:

John

Cool one mate, I think the weathering looks the business, take a picture outside maybe with the sky as background I bet it can't be distinguished from the real thing.

cheers

Thank you, it's good to know my attempt at weathering appears to have been a success :) I'll have to give the photo a go see how she looks.

John

As Luis suggested it I thought I'd give it a go, some more shots of her with a natural background.

DSC02295.jpg

DSC02292.jpg

DSC02289.jpg

DSC02287.jpg

Perhaps I should have taken them yesterday when we had more dramatic Sky's?

John

Edited by canberra kid

John - you have attained a new level :cheers:

If it were in the only right scale I would throw away my rendition without hesitation :bye:

Rolf