1/48 vinten recce pod

DaveJL

Hi Shaun,

That looks very nice to me. The Harrier SIG would probably take at least 20 off you hands without any problem.

Do you also have a TERMA pod on your 'To Do' lists? If yes, I'm sure we'd go for a similar number of those!

Cheers for now, hope to hear from you soon.

Nick

P.S. Thanks to Stephen Prior for the heads-up!

I'm glad the ones I've sent out have been well received :thumbsup2:

As for the TERMA pod, I have thought about it but I'm lacking measurements and close up photos for details on the pod.

Can anyone help with this?, I may attempt to make one with the right info to hand. :hmmm:

Shaun.

As for the TERMA pod, I have thought about it but I'm lacking measurements and close up photos for details on the pod.

Can anyone help with this?, I may attempt to make one with the right info to hand. :hmmm:

Shaun.

I can't help with any measurements or photos, but I would DEFINITELY be interested in a few of those, if you are able to make them. :analintruder:

Larry

• 2 weeks later...
I've been sent some excellent photos of the TERMA pod, just got to work out now how to build one :hmmm:

Shaun.

... Shaun, please, go on with the TERMA pod... it'll be a great plus!

And if you find a way to make one in 1/48th scale... than I'll try to make it in 1/32nd!

CIAO!

Piero

... Shaun, please, go on with the TERMA pod... it'll be a great plus!

And if you find a way to make one in 1/48th scale... than I'll try to make it in 1/32nd!

CIAO!

Piero

There appears to be a demand for the TERMA pod, I've done some sorting though the spares box and have come up with a plan. I think the hardest part will be the pylon, strange angles and under fuselage shape.

Shaun.

Edited by Shaun

Does anyone know which way the bays on the Harrier TERMA pod were loaded-position of Chaff or Flare buckets?

The excellent photo's I've got show an unloaded pod.

Shaun

Does anyone know which way the bays on the Harrier TERMA pod were loaded-position of Chaff or Flare buckets?

Shaun

I've just received a couple of pods and they are excelent.

Well done Shaun. Put me down for a Terma pod if you make them.

Steve

Does anyone know if the Harrier TERMA pod is flare packs only?, no chaff?

Shaun.

Shaun are you making both a Harrier and GR-4 pod?

You should start your own business!

Dave

Shaun are you making both a Harrier and GR-4 pod?

You should start your own business!

Dave

Currently I'm drawing up ideas on how to make both Tornado and Harrier pods.

The Tornado item is easier just start with a BOZ107 but the Harrier I'm having to start from scratch.

I've made a start, but this is not going to be a done in a night job!

Shaun.

The Tornado item is easier just start with a BOZ107 but the Harrier I'm having to start from scratch.

Shaun.

Ah I see. I admire your determination, though I must admit i'm glad the Tornado one is going to be easier, as that's the one i'm after!

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Dave

Shaun.

I am looking forward to getting one of each of those. :analintruder:

My DJRPs are winging their way "across the pond" to me, as I write this. :frantic:

Larry

Hi Shaun

I have just received my pods todays, they look great ans such speedy service!

Many thanks

Ian

P.S. Let me know if you get your Therma pods done, as I would be interested in a couple.

Shaun

Hi Shaun

The DJRP pod is superb - I've got mine and will probably now be breaking my vow not to build any 1/48th Harriers this year!

If you're doing the TERMA pods for Harrier and/or Tornado in 1/48th then I'd be interested in both - one Harrier pod and two Tornado pods.

In response to your chaff/flare question, both the pods are loaded with flares only as they are designed to detect and decoy IR-guided MANPADS.

Edited by Bobski

In response to your chaff/flare question, both the pods are loaded with flares only as they are designed to detect and decoy IR-guided MANPADS.

Thanks Rob, I'll plan to load the pods with flares buckets then.

Also thanks to everyone who's ordered the DJRP pod, glad I could help with a missing link for a few fellow Harrier modellers.

Shaun.

Edited by Shaun

• 2 months later...