Whatcha buildin?

Dr_Fester

JESUS H CORBETT!!!! :gobsmacked:

Well, I can tell you straight away that mines not gonna be THAT good........or THAT detailed.........or THAT good.

Thanks for that link.

You mention something about stamp collecting? :pipe:

It is a bit good, innit??!!

Yep, got lots of doublers if you want to swap stamps!!!! :lol:

Keef

Bugger I can't wait until January now

I think this is going to be the Best GB Ever

You'll just have to wait, stop wishing the time by.

Going with the Shelby Cobra 427 S/C (Ford 7.0L V8 - 425bhp race tune). Decals and paint scheme will be for the 1973 SCCA championship winner raced by Sam Feinstein!?

The detailing on the kit looks good as stadard. I've ordered a wired dizy kit for a touch of detail in the engine bay, and i'll probably add in things like brake lines etc. as I go :D

cobra_detail1_450.jpg

cobra_detail4_450.jpg

The kit has the detailing for this filtter/airbox/card set-up

371438.jpg

The engine detailing on the kit looks to be based on the latter SOHC version of the side-oiled FE block, as the cam-covers feature the chromed pots seen below.

800px-Ford_427_SOHC_Thunderbird.jpg

Edited by Paul B

• 3 weeks later...
Will be having a bash at a 1/12 Suzuki RGV XR89

152_5244.jpg

B)

Finally got round to ordering some photo-etch sets, carbon decal, exhaust springs, 'leccy connectors, flexible tubing and other fiddly bits etc today, from Hiroboy & Mediamix. Looking forward to starting the RGV once the GB date is upon us in the New Year. :)

B)

Paul

I built one of those Revell Cobra kits (well 2 actually) and they are very nice if a little small.

I brought one then decided I had to have another to build as the other markings supplied in the kit. I built them straight out the box and added the full windscreens instead of the aeroscreens as I prefer the look although not authentic.

The original car had front splitters added either side of the oil cooler inlet. These are not on the kit. The decals are also a pain to get over the rear wheel arches. Maybe best to try painting them instead.

I think the kit has the flared rear arches of the later S/C cars but the photos don't indicate this to be authentic. I believe the sidepipes in the kit are also street versions that are too long.

The car appears to have changed a few times over the years.

samf.jpg

samfeinstein1.jpg

10170sam3r.jpg

Look forward to seeing the end result.

Craig.

Edited by Craig

:redx:

Sorry about that. :closedeyes:

I now realise you can't view photos on the Cobra club unless you are a member. :banghead:

Hopefully now sorted

Forgot to say the rocker covers in the kit are the cast aluminium version like these....

Number1Engine.jpg

The SOHC engine is a lovely bit of kit but never fitted in a Cobra. Those engines are so wide you would have to remove the footwells to squeeze it in! :analintruder:

Craig.

Edited by Craig

Finally got round to ordering some photo-etch sets, carbon decal, exhaust springs, 'leccy connectors, flexible tubing and other fiddly bits etc today, from Hiroboy & Mediamix. Looking forward to starting the RGV once the GB date is upon us in the New Year. :)

B)

My order from Hiroboy arrived today which included the carbon fibre decal, flexy plastic tubing, telemetry sensors, exhaust springs etc. Just waiting for my Mediamix order to arrive which contains a load of photo etch stuff etc, then I am ready to go. :)

Love the dinky little exhaust springs (only need 8 of them, but they come in packs of 20), about 1mm in diameter. Cute little buggers.

153_5388.jpg

B)

..and my other build will be this... :whistle:

Mclarenmp4-5.jpg

Nice. B)

My other build is gonna be one of these.

bagheera_1092148624_ford_gt40_mki_gulf_1968.jpg

Actually, I might be doing this first.

It's just so damn sexy, I don't think I can resist it.

:wub::wub::worthy: Lovely cars, this is going to turn out to be a great group build

• 2 weeks later...
Haven't quite decided yet what to build, am thinking of a 3 car build from a classic US based Drag racing team. Will have a good look at the kits first to see how hard they are going to be to build. Otherwise Might make a NASCAR that's in the stash.

77036616ou7.png

Here's 1 of the 3 cars

Hi Ponti, where did you find a kit of Sox Martin???? Me want one......