Whatcha buildin?

Dr_Fester

Hi Ponti, where did you find a kit of Sox Martin???? Me want one......

Have three sat here,

2 by JoHan a 'Cuda and a Superbird

other kit is the 1 I'm doing for the GB a Revell GTX

There are quite a few kits out there of their cars most are obsolete so getting harder to find, but you can still get plenty of decals for their cars so you can adapt a normal road car kit otherwise look at the resin producers.

Check this lot outSpeed City Resin they have a '65 Belvedere AFX as well as some other great looking models.

Can I play ?????

Oneofthese.jpg

Haven't decided which one of these yet, but will definitely be one of them !

Ian

Thunderbolt would be my sugestion, would make a great compation car against my GTX.

If not then the Petty NASCAR as I don't think anyone else is doing a NASCAR

Thunderbolt would be my sugestion, would make a great compation car against my GTX.

If not then the Petty NASCAR as I don't think anyone else is doing a NASCAR

Hmmmm- well, it's Petty's colours, but that there ain't no NASCAR!! :D

Keef

Hmmmm- well, it's Petty's colours, but that there ain't no NASCAR!! :D

Keef

:rolleyes::blush::doh::sorry: didn't read the small print on the box. Damm bad of a drag racer not to get it right.

Ponti, I'd be ashamed if I was you.... and Keef, just to prove what a true pedant I really am.... that's STP's house colours on the Firebird, nowt to do with 'King' Petty.

Cannot believe that nobody is doing a NASCAR stocker.... there's so many kits around and they virtually build themselves. Hmmmmm, maybe, if I get a real move-on I could do one aswell, but I couldn't promise. Looking at the Thunderbolt, I think it may well go to the bottom of the pile, simply because there's a shed load of chrome trim and whichever way you do it (foil/Alclad II/silver paint) it's a royal PitA to do properly.

So the metallic blue Vega F/C or the Pro-Stock Firebird..... :undecided:

Ian

Ponti, I'd be ashamed if I was you.... and Keef, just to prove what a true pedant I really am.... that's STP's house colours on the Firebird, nowt to do with 'King' Petty.

Ian

Ian you do indeed deserve a true pedants medal for that!! :P:lol: I knew that they're STP's colours, but who else other than King Richard do you associate with them? Certainly none of the other drivers of the STP car (including a number of other Petty's!) that have followed him.

And I'm not sure if he actually drove that drag car? I seem to recall that he had an argument with NASCAR's ruling body at one time & so went off to play elsewhere? I'll have to go Google to see now??!! :doh:

Keef

Edit:

Found this on Wiki;

"In 1964 Richard became unhappy with the sport because other drivers were saying that his engines were bigger and they protested. Richard spent 1965 competing as a drag racer..." , so no that Thunderbird wasn't Richard's car then!

Edited by keefr22

Ponti, I'd be ashamed if I was you....

Ian

I am totally ashamed :blush::blush::blush::sorry: I'll just go and :suicide: Even worse as it's a Pontiac :doh::whistle:

So the metallic blue Vega F/C or the Pro-Stock Firebird..... :undecided:

Well if it's down to these 2 then the Vega. :worthy:

Have seen loads of good pictures of the real motor looked lovely.

Made a delivery to Hannants today, took the oportunity to stock up on various metalic shades for the Suzuki (and possibly for a car for the GB if I can find the time). That's me sorted in the Alclad department then ...... :)

154_5433.jpg

B)

154_5433.jpg

Bloody Hell Neil, did you buy their entire stock. :blink: I did have 2 pots of Alclad until a few days ago when I tipped one over.......... :confused: , so just the polished ali for me.

As for the GB well I did drop into the local model shop today and unfortunately I was drawn to the Tamiya Yamaha M1.

yzr.jpg

If I have time this will be bike no.2 for the GB and hopefully in Melandri Spiderman livery from Estoril 2004.

GPY800Top.jpg

MSMD037.jpg

Cheers

Doc