SCRATCH BUILT WESTLAND LYSANDER MK 1 1:30 SCALE

Fozzy

Excellent build you have there, one question are you from Bulgaria. as I am very intrigued by your good English.

Da ,as sum Bulgaski ,e tu?...........Dam.....can't seem to get my key board to do the Cyrillic alphabet!! :tease: ........No,born and bred in Good old England...moved here to live in 2007 when Bulgaria joined the E.U.....why did I do that?.... because back in 2007 I could buy a house and land for a price of a car!!...So I did and I also retired at the age of 50 so that I could make models all day!!...........its true :)

But I do miss Blighty!

Cheers

Fozzy

Yeah - you build pretty good models for an east European too. Well done tovaritch.

So...you think us Bulgarians cannot make modelski?....well ...we can....and also the Vodka ...Da?

Regards

Tovaritch

...............Cheers to Blimp and Mish.....Fozzy

Da ,as sum Bulgaski ,e tu?...........Dam.....can't seem to get my key board to do the Cyrillic alphabet!! :tease: ........No,born and bred in Good old England...moved here to live in 2007 when Bulgaria joined the E.U.....why did I do that?.... because back in 2007 I could buy a house and land for a price of a car!!...So I did and I also retired at the age of 50 so that I could make models all day!!...........its true :)

But I do miss Blighty!

Cheers

Fozzy

Well, you can build models Foz and I'm sure Bulgaria honed your skills.

So you got a house and land for the price of a Lada.

The real question is how much for a pint of beer and are Bulgarian pork pies any good?

I live in Jordan, drink 8% lager at 2 quid a pint and have to make my own pork pies. Lifes a bitch.

Dave.

Well, you can build models Foz and I'm sure Bulgaria honed your skills.

So you got a house and land for the price of a Lada.

The real question is how much for a pint of beer and are Bulgarian pork pies any good?

I live in Jordan, drink 8% lager at 2 quid a pint and have to make my own pork pies. Lifes a bitch.

Dave.

Hi Dave............A pint of beer is 55p on average......Lager mainly..very nice :beer: but the food is crap :puke:

Can't have everything I suppose!...at least I can sit on my bottom all day if I want to :pipe:

Working in Jordan are you?

Cheers

Fozzy

Well..........

I've only found this thread this morning and to say I'm impressed is a total understatement!!

I thought I was doing well scratchbuilding a few minor parts like pilots' seats and instrument panels

and then you come along and expose my efforts for what they are.... Your work is inspirational.....

The Lysander is a brilliant model, I can't even apply paint properly......

I'm giving up modelling....again......(LOL!)

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

:coat:

Well..........

I've only found this thread this morning and to say I'm impressed is a total understatement!!

I thought I was doing well scratchbuilding a few minor parts like pilots' seats and instrument panels

and then you come along and expose my efforts for what they are.... Your work is inspirational.....

The Lysander is a brilliant model, I can't even apply paint properly......

I'm giving up modelling....again......(LOL!)

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

:coat:

Thats very kind of you to say that.....you know its all down to practise...the more models you make the better skilled you become and of course....never give up modelling :)

Cheers

Fozzy

I had a skiing holiday in Bulgaria about 20 years ago Pamparova near Plovdiv I think if I recall, yes I agree with you about their food I could not stomach the food so lived mainly on crisps and sweets for a week, very friendly people though, Fawlty Towers was one of their favorite shows the waiters used to watch alot

I had a skiing holiday in Bulgaria about 20 years ago Pamparova near Plovdiv I think if I recall, yes I agree with you about their food I could not stomach the food so lived mainly on crisps and sweets for a week, very friendly people though, Fawlty Towers was one of their favorite shows the waiters used to watch alot

Blimey 20 years ago?....nothings changed then? .....Plovdiv is still here,the food is still crap and although they are reasonably friendly people they still watch Fawlty Towers :P

I think its time to finish this build once and for all before I get to be in the Guiness Book of Records for having the longest thread known to mankind!!

For the last few days I have been adding a few details and taking photos of the old Lizzie.

First off... I placed the propeller assembly onto the sharp end....to recap...the spinner and prop blades were constructed from Balsa Wood and the hub was made from electric cable........Heres a couple of pics..........

ly263.jpg

ly264.jpg

Then I scratch built the front Sight for the Pilot.......this was easily replicated out of fuse wire super glued into position!

ly265.jpg

The Pitot Tube was then made from plastic and the tube itself was a piece of cable insulation.............

ly266.jpg

So ...the Antenna was next glued into position.......plastic

ly267.jpg

Coming to the end now!!

The Vickers K Machine Gun that was previously built way back in this thread was now placed in the back of the Lizzie................

ly270.jpg

ly269.jpg

ly271.jpg

..........Drum Roll Please!..............and finally the Antenna wire was cut from small guage Fishing wire and super glued to the mast.....

ly268.jpg

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: ................finished!

Ok so thats that!

I have posted more pictures for anyone who is interested in Ready For Inspection...HERE

I want to say that I have enjoyed Scratch Building this Lysander more than any other of my projects,this is because I have told the story of the build as it unfolded on this forum and along the way I recieved SO much encouragement from all of you (believe me at times I needed it!!) that it inspired me to carry on.

So I want to thank all of you out there who have shown an interest in this project...especially to...Campbell(who kept me laughing throughout)Mish,Blimp and Dave Gibson............sorry ....but too many of you to mention! :clap:

Sounds like the Oscars Ceremony ;)

If any of you lot can hack another marathon thread then I will be starting my Cutaway 1:24 Scale Spitfire soon!!!

Cheers Lads

Fozzy

lyf.jpg

Edited by Fozzy
  • Like 1

Superb.

I am glad it is finished, But I will miss this thread, it has become an old friend.

Thats so kind of you to say so John...I'm the same ...I'm glad its finished!!!...Fozzy

Foz

BMers are are rotten lot.

Egging you on in a scratchbuild without telling you there is a Revell/Matchbox 1/32 Lizzie available! :doh:

all that hard work when you could have just nipped to the LMS.

Congratulations on completing a stunning project!

Cheers my man....why buy it when you can make it?...Fozzy

What an inspirational build! Well done, sir!

Well Fozzy, I can't add anything new to what's already been said.

It was a great and entertaining build.

I'm looking forward to your next scratchbuild.

I looked up Bulgarian cuisine on the internet. What a croc. It explains why you don't see too many Bulgarian take-aways. 8 pints of lager on a Friday night followed by gyuvetch and chips seems to lose something.

Dave

One word. Talented Modeler....wait thats two. In any case an amazing build. Truly beautiful. You guys are so talented.

Oliver

I appreciate your comments Oliver,especially from someone like yourself....that Huey of yours is tremendous!....I love your work.

Fozzy

Well Fozzy, I can't add anything new to what's already been said.

It was a great and entertaining build.

I'm looking forward to your next scratchbuild.

I looked up Bulgarian cuisine on the internet. What a croc. It explains why you don't see too many Bulgarian take-aways. 8 pints of lager on a Friday night followed by gyuvetch and chips seems to lose something.Dave

Hi Dave..thanks for your comments and for looking in over the past few months on this thread.

The next project is a semi scratch build!! starting in the next couple of days .....I need to stock up on some real food ,so off to Istanbul for a couple of days...just down the road from where I live. Mind you the beers cheap here! ......60p a pint :thumbsup:

Cheers

Fozzy