Lightnings anyone?

Mark

Lightning Group Build Anyone?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in joining an EE Lightning Group Build?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if it's not a Trumpy one...

With the release and subsequent banter about Trumpeter's 1/32nd one, has there ever been a Lightning Group Build? I've got a few Airfix ones that need an excuse to start....

Who needs an excuse to build a Lightning (lol) !

Me, obviously! I must admit that all this chat about the Trumpton one has got me all fired up like a pair of vertically stacked RR Avons on full reheat!!

I'm loath to dampen enthusiasm for GB's but first off I need to remind peeps of this post. I think Karl and myself would be happy for the poll to continue as a means of gauging likely take-up on this idea, although I think I could probably predict the outcome...

Assuming that to be a resounding 'yes' it is something we could consider for later this year or early next year.

peebeep

• 1 month later...
While we are on the subject of Teddy's finest hour (IMHO), anyone seen this?

Frightning linky thingy

lovely.

Tony :clif:

Can't open the linky thingy.... 'puter says no.

:ditto:

Er Tony, are you feeling ok? What do mean by "Teddy's finest hour" surely that was Friday 13th May 1949..................

Er :handbag: & :coat:

Taxi for Bexy :analintruder::yikes:

P.S: I voted yes by the way so nuh :bleh:

Put me down as a definite yes for this one and just to annoy the daylights out of everybody I'll be doing the 1/72 Trumpeter kit with CMK replacement cockpit.

Cheers

Ooops!! missed this one, is it still going ahead?

JB.

Yep, let's do it (if the boss says it's ok :) ) I'll be building a two seat swing wing fleet air arm version :wicked:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd love to join a Lightning GB, but with no 1/48 Lightning available at present, I could not partake due to no kit.

if the planned Airfix Lightnings are to be released by Eduard (and maybe Airfix in the new year?) would it not be better to wait until 1/72, 1/48, and 1/32 kits are all available, to get the biggest uptake in the build possible?

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I just know this one will be very popular, the poll says as much. I would like to wait on this one till we see what Eduard come up with kit wise else there is not really anything in 1:48 which is the most popular scale.

Bear with me, this one won't be forgotten.

How do you Lightning fans feel about having a combined Lightening and Vulcan GB next year?

That would give time for Eduard to get their kits out and we can get the long standing Vulcan GB going as well.

Pinching the name of a well known website how about calling it Thunder and Lightnings GB?

Seriously The Vulcan GB has been sitting in the wings for two years and the calender is filling up fast I want to try and keep as many people happy as I can.

I'm working on T.4 shotgun already :undecided: I'm afraid I'll have to take some time to cure from building next one. Anyway, I hope I'll see here many new built lightnings :thumbsup:

Sorry for my english.

M.

• 3 weeks later...
How do you Lightning fans feel about having a combined Lightening and Vulcan GB next year?

That would give time for Eduard to get their kits out and we can get the long standing Vulcan GB going as well.

Pinching the name of a well known website how about calling it Thunder and Lightnings GB?

Seriously The Vulcan GB has been sitting in the wings for two years and the calender is filling up fast I want to try and keep as many people happy as I can.

Well seen as its 2 years since the vulcan group build was first mooted I said then that i would build the aeroclub 1/48 vulcan I got off evilbay for a staggering amount of well earned cash. Well I started it and I've finished it as XH558 with bomb bay doors open. I would love to enter it next year with a Trumpeter lightning F3 that i'm in the middle doing of right now. The Vulcan will be on show at the southwell model show nr newark later this year if you want to take a look along with an Echelon 1/32 Lightning F6. (now thats a kit) stop by and have a chat.