1:48 Revell F-8E Crusader

AnonymousDFB1

Building this one as part of the SEAC GB over on Promodeller and I hope I'm allowed to enter it here as well.

yv0382.jpg

With these decals

yv038f.jpg

The sprue shots

yw7jxn.jpg

yw7jky.jpg

yw7jkh.jpg

Seat, cockpit and pilot primed.

yw7jj5.jpg

and then painted

yw7jjd.jpg

Seat assembled

yw7le7.jpg

Cockpit assembled

yw7leb.jpg

yw7led.jpg

yw7le4.jpg

Fuselage halves together

yw7leh.jpg

Edited by Mish

Blimey, you're not messing about with this one Mish :lol: Very swift progress, that cockpit looks very nice indeed :)

Being a big fan of the Crusader, I'll be watching this one with added interest :popcorn:

Interested to know what the kit is like. Good start by the way.

I believe it's the old Monogram kit Nick. Raided panel lines :(

Hi Mish

off to a flying start!

love the Crusader. Must get one some time.

are those state of the art pink and blue parts holders or the things you stick between your toes to paint nails

i love the ways in which modellers find new and imaginative use for household items.

Spot on Walrus, there is always some in cheap nail care kits that I pilfer the sanding boards from.

I believe it's the old Monogram kit Nick. Raided panel lines :(

Hi Mish,

Great work so far, I love the Monogram Crusader. the kit is good OOB, there are a couple of faults in the basic kit though, the ejection seat provided is a MB GRU-7 as used in the Tomcat, it is the wrong type for a Crusader which originally had a MB Mk. F5 seat although some were later fitted with a Mk. F7 seat, the seat from a Phantom looks a closer match than the Tomcat seat.

Also the main undercarriage legs are set at the wrong angle resulting in the finished kit sitting too low at the rear when built, Aeroclub do a correction set to cure this or you can just shorten the lower oleo and bend the upper oleo down to raise the rear fuselage off the deck.

Having said that the kit looks good out of the box even without the corrections.

Keep the photo's coming.

Ant

Bit more construction done this afternoon.

Should be ready for paint tomorrow.

Jez I thought I built quick. Nice work. looks really nice so far

I used to have one of these before steping up to 1/32 only, so Now I'd like to get a trumpeter one in the stash

Seems a bit easier build for you, than the Sea Harrier.

Dave

Edited by zero

Mish,

Looking good. Have you got a correction set for the main gear as it sits too low otherwise. Not too noticable but also kind of noticable.

If you have not shoot me a PM as I have a few spares.

Julien

Mish,

Looking good. Have you got a correction set for the main gear as it sits too low otherwise. Not too noticable but also kind of noticable.

If you have not shoot me a PM as I have a few spares.

Julien

I haven't Julian and I've cemented the U/C legs in now :( they're not coming out in a hurry as it's a one piece part.

• 1 month later...