Airfix 1/48 Sea King HAS.5 with a few extras

1 hour ago, Col Walter E Kurtz said:

Just one question springs to mind.. How did you execute the green glazing in the top of the cockpit?

I airbrushed thinned clear green paint, I think from MrHobby), on the inside in thin coats until I was happy with the colour.

René

• Thanks 1

The sign of a fine model is when it impresses me despite it being a subject that doesnt interest me. 

This is an exceptional build. 

Thankyou for turning me around, I have never built a helicopter but now cannot wait until I get my hands on this kit.

Thanks to you HartDeco, congrats.

• Like 2

Superb work. I spent 4 years working on Pinger Seakings in the late 80s and early 90s including a stint on 814 and your finish is absolutely spot on, took me back, to the many hours spent doing cab-wipes. The blanks and tip socks are great, really set it off. I have a couple in the stash, but like some of the previous posters, I may have to put them off, until the memory of yours has diminished. It is certainly the best one I have seen. 🏆

• Like 1

In the good old days of an air show at Yeovilton,  I was never ceased to be amazed at how filthy the Sea Kings that were on static display, you have captured that look perfectly BZ

Mike

Edited by mick b
  • Thanks 1

• HartDeco changed the title to Airfix 1/48 Sea King HAS.5 with a few extras