New member East of England.

J from the junction

Good evening. After a long time lurking I’ve finally taken the plunge and joined. I’ve always been a fall in and out of modelling and restarted again in 2015, i have now amassed over 110 Spitfires in 1/48. I work on the railway as the little man that pulls the levers and generally annoys the cars at the crossings. Hopefully i can get some of my builds on here  soon. Not an expert but a builder for my own pleasure.

Kind regards J

• Like 5

Hello @J from the junction, welcome from the bottom righthand corner of Merrie Englande.  Don't worry about not being an expert, there's nothing wrong with the state of blissful ignorance, trust me!  Anyway, the urban definition of "expert" as I understand it comes from an amalgam of two words - "Ex" being a has-been and "Spurt" being a drip under pressure. 😁

Looking forward to seeing the odd flight of Spitfires, I can compare them with the real thing as we're right under the flightpath taken by the Biggin Hill restored 2-seater Spits and see at least one go over each day during the summer months.  Great to see.

• Like 1

Ooh someone else from the town of my birth - that now means two of us have evolved to the level of written communication- Norwich people will be feeling threatened soon🤣

Quite agree about modelling for my own pleasure and amusement. There are some amazing modellers on here (not me), but everyone I've encountered regardless of 'skill' level is positive and encouraging- I think it's the most mature place on the internet by the proverbial country mile.

Ps I now live a whole lot closer to Lowestoft so Hannants aside, things can get worse after Kings Lynn!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1