Ukrainian Interceptor - 1/48 ICM MiG-25PDS

This GB nicely coincides with the annual club GB this year (Ukraine).  Kit by ICM, decals by Foxbat, and a couple resin bits courtesy of Eduard & Reskit.  Not going too crazy on AM…mostly just weapons and probably cans.  Resin bits still need to be ordered…currently sitting in the cart.

53143865205_19f8194dbf_b.jpg

• Like 6

• helios16v changed the title to Ukrainian Interceptor - 1/48 ICM MiG-25PDS

haha...first oin.....I think, welcome along with a model I'm very familiar with.....and really need to finish! :think:

Oh there's lots of lovely AM bits you can go crazy with, exhaust cans would be the bare minimum.....else it's  the naughty corner for you! :D

Love the scheme you've chosen and the decals are awesome....... and that's where I ground to a halt!!! The basic ones are easy, it's just the billions of stencils that got me. Think the Russians saw the number of them on a Phantom and thought "lazy imperialists we can do better"... and they did! You have been warned.

Good luck with the build, that model is really nice to build. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, trickyrich said:

haha...first oin.....I think, welcome along with a model I'm very familiar with.....and really need to finish! :think:

Oh there's lots of lovely AM bits you can go crazy with, exhaust cans would be the bare minimum.....else it's  the naughty corner for you! :D

Love the scheme you've chosen and the decals are awesome....... and that's where I ground to a halt!!! The basic ones are easy, it's just the billions of stencils that got me. Think the Russians saw the number of them on a Phantom and thought "lazy imperialists we can do better"... and they did! You have been warned.

Good luck with the build, that model is really nice to build. :thumbsup:

Yep, I was.  Definitely not going crazy with resin AM, but there are a few bits in the mail (maybe have them here by the weekend).

• Like 1

Some add-on bits arrived today.  Probably going to order an Eduard IP (didn't see other options readily available at the moment), as I'm not really digging on the kit setup.  Might paint it up anyways and see how much is even going to be visible before I pull the trigger...it's not a terribly large canopy.

53159459566_d21379faea_c.jpg

The kit seat however, will more than pass muster.  Just need to do something for belts and they will be just fine.

53159907195_c2a2cd76b2_c.jpg

• Like 2

Having been informed to watch around the intake/fuselage joins...I'm kinda heading in a different direction than both the directions & Rich.  We'll see how things work out.  Going to build up the intakes on the lower fuselage...test fitting as I go.  I did notice the forward fuselage strakes are a bit wider than the gap between the inner intake sides...so a little sanding on the strakes was performed so the fuselage doesn't have as much tension trying to push it back into the notch.

53166920831_bdda995cb4_c.jpg

• Like 3

Minor step back.  The rear intakes (lower) need to be fitted before the forward upper.  So out those come.  There were a couple ejector pin marks on the inside of the rear intakes.  I don't know that they would've been visible unless you knew they were there and were looking for them...but they are getting a little filler anyways.  The dry fit of the rear lower intake looked good though.  I'll get these cleaned up, painted and installed.  It won't be too long now before the fuselage is closed up (maybe this afternoon?).

53172551852_d3a8b5a1af_c.jpg

• Like 2

you are making quick progress on her.......even if you're assembling her in your own special way!!  :D

I am very curious on how it's all going to fit together! Don"t worry about those injector pin marks, you really can't see them in the end.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, exdraken said:

Any progress?

2 weeks... still doable!!

@helios16v

I need to get back to this.  Been trying to put some finishing touches on a P-43 (experimenting w/ weathering...and coming terribly close to ruining it).  I'm hoping to have a little time off next week.  Not sure if I'll make the finish line in time...but we'll see.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...