Jagdpanzer IV L48, Cyberhobby 1/35 OOB

Started last Sept so after a bit of a hiatus I've pushed this shelf queen over the line. 

This is the Cyberhobby rebox of the old Shanghai Dragon Jagdpanzer IV. Built OOB. Decided against wasting a set of Fruils on it so stuck with the rubber band offerings....🤞 Tbh the rubber bands work ok as plenty of period photos show these without much

excess slack.

(And of course,  being an inherently lazy modeller it was easier painting and fitting the kit tracks...:whistle:)

Find the early stages of construction here.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking 

Darryl 

• Like 21

Hi Darryl,

Nice tank destroyer, very simple in its forms, personally I like the rear part better, which includes more details.

vinyl tracks can be very good, if they are painted properly, as well as metal ones, and they are a relief when it comes to tackling them, if they join in their point without problem... a lot of boring work overcome.😁

Cheers

Francis.👍

• Thanks 1

Always nice to see one of these Panzer IV variants Darryl, I have just bought some 3D printed tool and clamp sets to try and finish off some of my unfinished projects.

Cannot call them shelf queens as I store them in plastic containers.  :whistle:

• Like 1

On 11/08/2023 at 07:55, Keeff said:

Nicely done!  👌 

Keith 😁 

23 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Darryl,

Nice tank destroyer, very simple in its forms, personally I like the rear part better, which includes more details.

vinyl tracks can be very good, if they are painted properly, as well as metal ones, and they are a relief when it comes to tackling them, if they join in their point without problem... a lot of boring work overcome.😁

Cheers

Francis.👍

20 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

A nice straight forward build and a great paint job. Nice one Darryl.

John.

20 hours ago, mick said:

great work

18 hours ago, edjbartos said:

I really like the shape of this tank just like the Stug III, you’ve done a fine job with this tank very nicely painted and finished, looks great..👍

Ed

22 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

Always nice to see one of these Panzer IV variants Darryl, I have just bought some 3D printed tool and clamp sets to try and finish off some of my unfinished projects.

Cannot call them shelf queens as I store them in plastic containers.  :whistle:

Thanks a lot chaps, very kind of you all to take the time to leave comments, appreciated as ever 

Darryl 

@Retired Bob I've some of the Mig 3d printed tool clamps somewhere,  never tried them though. Apparently some of these printed clamps are a bit too small to fit the tools in, according to Evan on panzermeister 36.

Plastic boxes you say.....:hmmm: 

Atb

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

@Retired Bob I've some of the Mig 3d printed tool clamps somewhere,  never tried them though. Apparently some of these printed clamps are a bit too small to fit the tools in, according to Evan on panzermeister 36.

The Eduard sets contain some tools complete with clamps and others have separate tools and clamps, I'll check to see if there are any fit problems.

9 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Plastic boxes you say.....:hmmm: 

I keep my unfinished kits in plastic storage boxes, keeps the dust out and all parts I haven't fitted yet all in one place.  :nod:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IanC said:

Terrific job.

My favourite bit is the blistered, burnt paint effect on the exhaust. Looks just right.

Thanks Ian, if I can find an excuse to use hairspray somewhere on a model I will! :like: