Trumpeter 1/32 Mustang lll.xxxxFallen by the waysidexxxxxxxxxxxxx

25 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Looking good mate.👍

🇺🇦

Cheer,s Craig,been a bit of a chew but the worst over with I hope!

• Like 1

Evening folk's,the primer went on beautifully a good base for the top colours.

20230603_171902

The only area which I wasn't happy with was the slight step on the wing to fuselage joint which I smoothed out with flexi filler as you can see.Now I need to mark out the white

area's of the ID stripes for their painting once sprayed they will be covered up for the camoflage to be applied then I'll brush paint the black stripes.I'm using the supplied decals for sizing.

20230603_173835

• Like 5

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Excellent work mate, she's looking really good.

🇺🇦

Thanks Craig,got her masked up and being a lovely night out in the yard and got a couple of coat's of white on.

• Like 1

wow, you have made some progress since I last popped in!!! :thumbsup:

Looks like you've beaten those horrible Trumpie join lines, am still battling with the MiG-21 joins....heaven knows what the ones on the Skyhawk will be like!!!

Looking forward to seeing some colours on her.

• Like 1

On 03/06/2023 at 21:28, modelling minion said:

Nice to have the weather to do some outdoor spraying.

Happy hunting at the model show tomorrow mate.

🇺🇦

What a day Craig,after taking in the built models it was time to shop I set a limit on spend but as you well know prices are through the roof now and when your looking at 1/32

scale you're touching three figures in some area's.I headed for the Modelsforsale stand and spied a Trumpeter 1/32 Skyraider for a tasty £45 nice I thought two minutes later turned 

and it was gone,you snooze you loose! So spied a Seminar 1/35 Iroquois at £18 and the money was in the sellers hand along with Revell Beaufighter still sealed for 

£30 that was me happy then Luke and Gregg were on the spend picking up some good bargains too I thought Greggs 1/48  Italeri  Thunderstreak Red Devils was a steal at £14

Luke got a nice 1/32 109G6 which he's building for this GB,anyway I was done but I'd seen a Revell 1/32 Spitfire Mk9 for £15 earlier so I thought that'll round my day of nicely!

20230604_201654

• Like 2

Hi folk's last few days progress,Luke bought a set of AK RAF colours for a future project so thought I'd give them a try.Once the upper/lower grays were sprayed I brushed on the RAF

green over two coats not as nice as Tamiya to brush but they did fine.Next up more masking for the black stripes,sky fuselage band and  leading edge yellow on the wings.

20230607_151444

• Like 3

2 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Very nice work mate, going to look even better with the stripes on.

🇺🇦

Thank's Craig she's coming along nicely off for a few days so should get a bit done this week,today has been "interesting" with an awful lot of masking.

20230607_193552

• Like 5

Evening folk's with the last stripes finished that's the major work done just fitted the drop tank's and U/C legs leaving to dry overnight now.

20230609_201538

20230609_201745

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

That's looking seriously nice Steve B) 

Cheers,

Stew

Many thaks Stew.

5 hours ago, galgos said:

Very precise painting Steve, looks marvellous. Are you weathering this pristine aeroplane? 

Many thanks G,yes weathering will be part of the plan need to tone those stripes down.

On 5/15/2023 at 11:26 AM, stevej60 said:

Morning folk's Decal's arrived lovely they are but a bit of a rip having only the fuselage roundel and codes for ten Quid?

Steve ..happy to paypal you some £££ for a set of codes if spare from that sheet for my own build. 

21 minutes ago, FalkeEins said:

Steve ..happy to paypal you some £££ for a set of codes if spare from that sheet for my own build. 

Just PM your address happy to send FOC they'll just sit in the spares box going nowhere anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alan P said:

Blimey, no hanging about with this one! Excellent progress and superb paintwork 👍

Many thanks Alan got two coats of gloss on now so l can get a wash into the panels next.