ECM on Falklands War RAF Hercules?

CliffB

Hi all

I'm currently building a Falklands War RAF Hercules (based on the 1/200 Hasegawa kit), and have come across this photograph.  It shows what I assume to be an ECM pod, under the port wing tip.  So far, I haven't found any other Herc photos showing this, so I'm a little puzzled (particularly as the whole photo looks staged ;)).

Can anyone set me straight on this please?  Thanks if you can.

Evening all, Pods fitted were part of Orange crop ECM system, and were fitted to just 4 planes, all 3 Tankers, and XV206, a short flatbed. Brings back memories of low level through Spadeadam range, calibrating against the SAM/surveillance radars they used..... Be nice if someone did an after market set... hint..... anyone.... 

Cheers

Dave

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DaveH said:

Evening all, Pods fitted were part of Orange crop ECM system, and were fitted to just 4 planes, all 3 Tankers, and XV206, a short flatbed. Brings back memories of low level through Spadeadam range, calibrating against the SAM/surveillance radars they used..... Be nice if someone did an after market set... hint..... anyone.... 

Thanks Dave.  I now appreciate that these pods are not actually applicable to my Falklands War build, but just for clarity, wasn't Orange Crop an ESM system (rather than ECM)?

Cheers

1 hour ago, CliffB said:

Thanks Dave.  I now appreciate that these pods are not actually applicable to my Falklands War build, but just for clarity, wasn't Orange Crop an ESM system (rather than ECM)?

Cheers

Yes, it was ESM, not ECM.

Trevor

• Thanks 1