Revell 1/3 'The Child'

13 hours ago, neil5208 said:

Nice work 

Ta Neil - looks like Revell have another hover cradle to kit now season 3 of Mando is on air...

7 hours ago, Yg Models said:

1/3 scale, it a big baby😁

'Tis too - makes for an interesting weathering exercise, given the size.

TTFN

Steve

38 minutes ago, The Mandalorian said:

Ta Neil - looks like Revell have another hover cradle to kit now season 3 of Mando is on air

Not seen unfortunately, not willing to pay Disney any extra after watching the travesty that was Rogue One.

You've made a good job of that, especially the eyes - very realistic. :yes: By the time it's been in the cabinet for a while and got a load of dust on it, it'll look like his wispy hair ;)

1 hour ago, Mike said:

You've made a good job of that, especially the eyes - very realistic. :yes: By the time it's been in the cabinet for a while and got a load of dust on it, it'll look like his wispy hair ;)

Hi Mike.

I had some material for hair that would’ve worked but the scenic cement wasn’t quite right for it so I abandoned ship, given the deadline I had for AMW publication.

Generally good, there’s a regrettable disconnect in the shape of the clamshell actuators, not picked up on in any pre-build reviews I read, compared to the screen hover cradle in S1 Ep2 which is a shame. Maybe Revell worked off concept art - not sure but either way it’s huge fun. Maybe some enterprising 3D printer folk will offer alternatives (although that’d involve a bit of work on the shell).

Beyond that, simple comparison with screen grabs show discrepancies between the decal markings and the series model - whether that’s important is obviously for individuals to decide; I aligned with the on screen version. 

Much looking forward to the forthcoming N1 star fighter kit! Such a cool subject.

TTFN

Steve

13 minutes ago, The Mandalorian said:

Maybe some enterprising 3D printer folk will offer alternatives (although that’d involve a bit of work on the shell).

They're bound to.  The weird and wonderful stuff you can get for Star Wars kits these days is unbelievable! :yahoo: The only downside being that you need to get pocket extensions :crying:

I'm warming to the N1, but I loved the Razorcrest, so it's an uphill struggle.  I've still not quite got over it :(

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'm warming to the N1, but I loved the Razorcrest, so it's an uphill struggle.  I've still not quite got over it :(

Yes indeed - I'm a 'crest fan too for sure and much enjoyed the Revell kit that dropped in my lap last year. My youngest boy has already called dibs on the N1 - he's already half-inch'd my Boba Fett and Grogu...🤣

TTFN

Steve  

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, shortCummins said:

that is very nice

rgds

John(shortCummins)

Thanks John. 🙂

14 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Screen accurate or not, it looks great.

Cheers Pete.

Either way, it’s big fun to navigate, so no complaints here.

TTFN

Steve

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Dammit! :angry:

I can't even find a listing for this kit over here.

I hope this isn't some licensing thing like the Abrams Enterprise kit.

Maybe it just hasn't made its way across the water yet...

Ahem.

Sorry, it looks great and now I want one!

I haven't even seen the show either.

Excellent work sir! :clap2:

That's lovely work, I saw one of these at Hannants last week, must pop back and get it!

On 29/06/2023 at 00:18, Tzulscha said:

Dammit! :angry:

I can't even find a listing for this kit over here.

I hope this isn't some licensing thing like the Abrams Enterprise kit.

Maybe it just hasn't made its way across the water yet...

Ahem.

Sorry, it looks great and now I want one!

I haven't even seen the show either.

Excellent work sir! :clap2:

Cheers for that; not sure what the kit status is re sales in the US?  - Watch the Mando series and you'll be wanting a Revell Razorcrest too...

TTFN

Steve 

17 hours ago, F-32 said:

That's lovely work, I saw one of these at Hannants last week, must pop back and get it!

Hope you get one and thanks for the nod. Mine now resides with my youngest boy, together with the Bandai Boba. Much looking forward to getting hold of the forthcoming Revell N-1 Starfighter...no prizes for guessing where that'll end up too...🤣

TTFN

Steve

• 1 month later...